Had a problem with battery draining in seconds when making a call but if listening to music or texting etc battery lasts more than a day, so on here I noted most advice was to upgrade operating system, I tried it through phone initially and it would not work saying something about unable to download, so tried desktop software and direct from bb website all failed saying unable to download, eventually back at home with better coverage and wireless broadband I tried again via phone it started downloading butafter an hour the phone had shut off, I had to pull charger out and plug it back in again to get anything to work, then it was on a hite screen with 'patching java' after 6% phone died (charger still in) replugged in charger numerous times and each time it got a bit further then phone goes blank, pulled battery tried a safe reboot which I wont do it then said failed installation or similar and press any key to revert back, so I did now it is stuck 'patching OS' cant do anything as after 2mins or so phone goes blank and the only way to revive it is unplugging charger and reconnecting or pulling battery.

any help would be greatly appreciated !
    11-19-14 03:24 PM
    Keep it off, and charge it for a few hrs, then try again. If possible, connect it to Desktop and upgrade from there, so you don't kill the battery, but it needs fully charged first.
    11-19-14 10:06 PM
    Keep it off, and charge it for a few hrs, then try again. If possible, connect it to Desktop and upgrade from there, so you don't kill the battery, but it needs fully charged first.
    Hi (I have signed up as a user as I was the one asking the question)
    I had the phone charging for nearly 12 hours yesterday (well I assume charging it was plugged into phone but as it was not on or would not switch on I can't tell), it still shuts down after 1 or 2mins this morning after that charge.
    I am at work now as have desktop software on this computer but it will not connect to phone it keeps trying but the phone really is stuck in 'patching OS' the only difference now is that as it is connected via USB rather than charger outlet the phone is staying on (over an hour now) but is still stuck on screen white background with 'Patching OS'

any further thoughts?
    11-20-14 04:33 AM
    Do you have a backup or need one? Next step would be to force an OS on it.

Thanks for joining ! Sorry it's under bad circumstances.
    11-20-14 07:10 AM
    Do you have a backup or need one? Next step would be to force an OS on it.

Thanks for joining ! Sorry it's under bad circumstances.
    I did a basic backup but nothing would connect but as said having it connected via USB seems to of kept the phone on, the wall chargers didn't so over the last 4 hours connected to computer usb it rebooted to it's previous state although it's now wiped my email set up and the facility to actually update the phone via the phone, I have tried since again to connect to desktop software succesfully but it will not update the operating system

I feel I don't trust it at the moment!
    11-20-14 09:46 AM
    Excellent! You have a backup. Follow this:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

If that doesn't work, even with the battery pulled, click the upgrade link in my signature, and scroll down to the big red wipe section. You'll get it back!

Need help finding an OS download link, let me know.
    11-20-14 09:56 AM
    thanks for your help I will have a play tomorrow, my phone now has decided to say there is an error with the sd card it tried to fix it but said it failed now it wont read it hopefully I have not lost all that info! am I doing right thing re upgrading OS as I was told it would solve the battery problem which is fine unless I make a call or browse
    11-20-14 03:45 PM
    Good luck! I'd pull the SD out, for safety sake. Hopefully nothing happened to it.
    11-20-14 04:22 PM
    put sd card in another phone and all is still there and that phone a Samsung says no error, it does tell me though when I connect the Samsung to a computer that it's a blackberry!? I guess there is some data on sd card telling the pc that!
    11-21-14 03:51 AM