Hi!

I recently bought a Z30 but the battery life is poor in standby.

When I check in the settings, my System is at 12% and Standby at 11%. Before the Z30 I had a Q10 and I have the exact same settings and apps but no problem like that with that one.

If I let my phone idle for a while and I look at Battery Guru, it varies between -0.18w and -0.30w

But when I do a reboot, it drop to -0.04w and no more problem, but after 4-8 hours, maybe a day MAX it goes back to -0.2w, until I reboot it again..

I've reloaded the OS with Blackberry Link, i've done several security swipe, but still, it drain my battery in standby

I'm with Bell/Virgin on OS 10.2.1.3247 (10.2.1.2977)

I have 2 e-mails account and apps like facebook, soundhound and crackberry, nothing more.

I've tried:
    -airplane mode
    -removed sd card
    -removed sim card
    -security wipe
    -reloaded the os
    -removed e-mails account
    -removed all apps

The only thing that help is to reboot when it begin to drain my battery, and I bought that Z30 from someone else, it is unlocked and in good shape.

Please I need help! (sorry for my english)

Thanks!!
    10-11-14 08:28 AM
    Are you in a rural or low to high coverage area?

We experienced battery drain issues with a handful of staff right after they got their Z30's. They work in ranges where there is a nudge of LTE down to 2G areas. Once I had them switch their System setting below 4G and set to manual the problem seems to have dissipated.

Just throwing it out there for something to try...
    10-11-14 09:08 AM
    Thanks for your reply!

Where I live I got full coverage in 4G, but last week I tried only 3G for a day and it happened again

But if it can help, it looks like it happens after I charge my phone, but if I don't plug it into the wall I have -0.04 even -0.03 but I'm sure if I charge it overnight the next day I will be at -0.2

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:50 PM
    Still draining the battery in standby

But in airplane mode I am at -0.09 in standby, if I just remove the sim card it's -0.20

Strange because if I reboot my device, no matter what I am at -0.03 in standby for a couple of hours

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:56 AM
    How are the email accounts configured? Do you have an update interval? Are Facebook and Crackberry refreshing in background?
    10-13-14 08:09 AM
    Both of my email account are in Push mode

I've tried 15 minutes interval but the standby drain was the same so I put it back to push

For Facebook I have the notifications for messages activated but search for friends is not, maybe I'm missing an option somewhere? And crackberry I never changed anything in the options so I will take a look

Thanks!
    10-13-14 08:14 AM
    Both of my email account are in Push mode I've tried 15 minutes interval but the standby drain was the same so I put it back to push
    If you use Push and Push really works then be sure to set the update interval to "Manually", otherwise it will push and poll in parallel which doesn't make sense. (But I'm sure many people have this ...)
    And crackberry I never changed anything in the options so I will take a look
    OK, Crackberry is not Hub integrated. It should be dead if you close the app. Generally closing all apps is a good idea at least for testing. Even if their active frames never get updated many apps consume a lot of energy while staying open. Check also your headless apps, uninstall them for testing. Do you know that the Device Monitor allows to inspect every single app? Tap there on an app and you get detailed informations.
    10-14-14 12:45 AM
    Tried everything and still the same, I'm about to think that my device is defective... :/

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 08:53 AM
    Tried everything and still the same, I'm about to think that my device is defective... :/

Posted via CB10
    Same here.. tried all but stand by mode drains battery with Z30 os 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:24 AM