I have had my Priv for 2 weeks. Have had 12-14 hours of battery life. Last night my Priv suddenly got very warm and without using the phone it drained from 72% to 15% in about 3 hours. This morning it went from 100% to 68% in 1 hour of being on the web. In the last 45 minutes it went from 72% to 55% without me using it. It continues to be warm. Any ideas what the problem may be?
    02-11-16 11:06 AM
    That's the chip folks! I ran across some info about it and seems some chips are bad while others are good.
    You will hit a wall in terms of apps that you can install once you hit that wall weird stuff happens like the phone can't charge all the way or runs hot or don't hold a charge.
    I have I think 130 apps on my priv don't quote me which is which some are after market some are built in but that's about the max it will run.
    Now it's not supposed to do that PERIOD but that seems to be one of the problems associated with that chip.
    Others have reported the same issues with it in other phones as well.
    I took mines back and got a working phone but it still has issues where if she gets hot she don't charge till she cools off.
    Make sure you are using the charger that came with it or one that put out 2.0 volts under that and you will wanna throw it in the trash especially if it's warm.
    I mentioned about this issue not too long ago you can do your own research, I think that Chen screwed up this time in a real way.
    It's manageable but we should have to work around it and blackberry should just fix the problem in an update the way that HTC M9 did for the most part.
    My HTC has speedy charge but a few times I think the bug comes back.
    I really believe that one of these manufacturers are going to get hit with a class action if they don't stop playing games.

Posted via CB10
    Does Priv have a "device monitor" type app that can show you what's been drinking all your juice?
    02-11-16 11:17 AM
    I'm having a weird issue where my Priv doesn't charge all the way.

Used to get stuck at 97%, and now it's more like 84%. I need to plug it in to a quick charger to get it topped up.

Guess I gotta send this junk pile into blackberry and hope they give me a replacement that doesn't creak and groan all over.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-11-16 01:16 PM
    My priv started getting quite warm and the battery draining fast within a few weeks of getting it as well. I tried several different maintenance apps from Google play but that only served to heat up the phone and drain the battery even quicker. I finally called Rogers tech support and they suggested to replace the phone which I may still do, but I first wanted to get BlackBerry 's opinion. So, I called them as well finally agreed I would reset the phone to factory. This helped immediately. I added my email and social accounts, 1 word game and office suite. I also added life 360 but uninstalled since it clearly was a battery drainer.

Until a few days ago, I would easily have 30 50% battery left after 12 hours of use. However, now, I'm lucky to get through 12 hours on a single charge and my daily use is less too.

It's been about a month since I performed the factory reset. There's been several apps that have updated and the os has also been updated recently which leads me to believe that's where the problem lies.

Is there a way to roll back any of the updates?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 06:41 PM
    That's the chip folks! I ran across some info about it and seems some chips are bad while others are good.
    You will hit a wall in terms of apps that you can install once you hit that wall weird stuff happens like the phone can't charge all the way or runs hot or don't hold a charge.
    I have I think 130 apps on my priv don't quote me which is which some are after market some are built in but that's about the max it will run.
    Now it's not supposed to do that PERIOD but that seems to be one of the problems associated with that chip.
    Others have reported the same issues with it in other phones as well.
    I took mines back and got a working phone but it still has issues where if she gets hot she don't charge till she cools off.
    Make sure you are using the charger that came with it or one that put out 2.0 volts under that and you will wanna throw it in the trash especially if it's warm.
    I mentioned about this issue not too long ago you can do your own research, I think that Chen screwed up this time in a real way.
    It's manageable but we should have to work around it and blackberry should just fix the problem in an update the way that HTC M9 did for the most part.
    My HTC has speedy charge but a few times I think the bug comes back.
    I really believe that one of these manufacturers are going to get hit with a class action if they don't stop playing games.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 11:48 PM
    I think you've just helped me decide to get a new priv from Rogers, Black Ice. I've hardly used mine today and it's been warm all day. Battery is down to 27% in 11 hours.

Hopefully the next one won't come with the same issue.

02-12-16 05:30 PM
    It's a great phone definitely different from all the rest all we can do is try to work around some of the issues till somebody at the top of the food chain can get it write.
    I'm sure it can be done it's just a matter of time.
    Glad to help.

03-26-16 09:33 PM
    The key is to run light in terms of size and amount in any android especially this one.
    Use only functional apps that you are going to use and or they will have a specific purpose and stay away from task killers they just don't work.
    That Greeny app I have to think long and hard about that one because from the way it's designed it seems to work on rooted phones for the most part.
    All others just kill and the app rises from the dead all over again.
    I have gotten my on screen time way back up till I use anything that downloads pictures like Facebook or even my Facebook app called Tin foil which is lighter but pictures are pictures and nothing can be done about that at least not in this lifetime.
    Keep tossing these ideas around so we can get it right once and for all.

03-26-16 09:41 PM
    I have been typing a long time and this is what I've managed to come up with.
    It's not steady until I just stay away from embedded pictures etc but just typing mostly on this site and sites like it I have bumped my phone way up!

Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery draining so quickly on my Priv all of a sudden?-220090.jpg  
    03-26-16 09:44 PM
    Don't get me wrong it's not going s full three days I wish it did but from what I'm seeing I may be able to go 8 to 10 straight if my thumbs don't get tired of typing and I'm on WiFi too.
    The phone has potential just gotta fiddle around with resources light apps.

03-26-16 09:48 PM
    I did a little tweaking ...

Attached Thumbnails Why is my battery draining so quickly on my Priv all of a sudden?-225331.jpg  
    03-29-16 08:22 PM