I bought my BB passport in Singapore and cut my Vietnamese standard simcard into nano one to fit in. It did not detected at first but few days later when I tried in and out it did detected.

When I removed to changed into a World simcard (also cut from micro simcard) it worked well but when I changed back to my Vietnamese simcard it did not detected.

Now I come to Cuba, I cut my Cubacell simcard into nano one but it did not detected. And at this moment, whatever simcard I tried, my BB passport always says that Simcard not detected.

All these simcards work well on other phones.

I tried security swipe, clean carefully the simcards but it doesnt work.

Can anyone please help what I need to do, I dont want to send it back to Singapore for replacement given it is quite difficult to sent it from here in Cuba. Many thanks.

Tommy Y
    10-19-14 09:36 PM
    This is a tricky one. Do you have the possibility of getting any nano sim to try?
    I have never cut a sim card, therefore I cannot really comment.

What could be is that it is not inserted/ aligned properly

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 11:21 PM
    Probably a hardware issue, the previous sims that you inserted must have damaged the sim reader prongs. Had similar issues with my Z30 and I had it repaired three times because I used cut-down standard sims or nano sim with an adapter.

Open BBVE, run the connectivity test. If it shows SIM = Absent, then it's definitely damaged and needs a repair.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Passport
    10-19-14 11:29 PM
    I think you might right to point out what is the reason. I will run the BBVE test but I need to access first to the BB world which is also a difficult task here in Cuba. Many thanks.
    10-20-14 08:39 PM