i have bought and installed remote desktop for blackberry on my Z30. however i can't get it to connect to any computer, my laptop, work pc etc. What am i doing wrong please?
    01-15-15 12:09 PM
    Did you try:
    http://www.btgco.biz for the instructions?
    Also, it doesn't work if the computer OS is a Home version of Windows.
    01-15-15 02:18 PM
    Assuming you don't have a Home version of Windows, do you have Remote Desktop turned on?
    01-15-15 02:25 PM
    Hello, have windows 8.1, it's my own laptop, not sure what you mean by a "home version". I thought I had remote desktop all enabled, but how would I check please??

thanks!

tom
    01-16-15 11:38 AM
    Window8 isn't listed on btgco's website.
    http://www.btgco.biz/
    It would be best to contact then in order to find out compatibility with their app.

Otherwise, to see which edition of Windows 8.1 you have:
    Control Panel/System and Security/System
    If it's anything but standard, it will say: Windows 8 (edition here)
    If it's standard, which I believe is the Home version, it will just say: Windows 8
    01-16-15 11:55 AM
    it says windows 8.1 Pro
    01-16-15 12:06 PM
    You would need Windows 8.1 Professional for remote desktop capabilities. The Home versions of Windows were more with XP through Windows 7, while with Windows 8 only the Professional version is separately branded. If you right click on the Computer icon and select Properties, you'll be able to confirm which version you have.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 01:01 PM
    it says windows 8.1 Pro
    OK, then I would contact the app author and see what help they can provide.
    http://www.btgco.biz/
    01-16-15 01:13 PM
    Another thing to check is whether the Remote Desktop service is on, and what level of security it's using.

To check, in the same area you checked your OS version, to the left will be a few options, including Advanced Settings. Select that and then choose Remote Settings. Be sure that Remote Desktop is allowed, and also try the middle option it offers you which allows connections from any device as opposed to one using a higher form of NLM, this may be the default setting in Windows 8, but not all apps may support it.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:34 PM
    I am having the same issue since installing the most recent update. TSG connections were working fine with the previous version, but I cannot get any of my sessions to connect now. Haven�t tried with my home PCS, though...

Posted via BBCB10PP
    01-17-15 06:11 PM
    Remote desktop for Blackberry works great for me as far as getting connected is concerned. Here are some things I would check if you're having problems:

From your Blackberry go to:
    Swipe down from the top > Settings > Network Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Diagnostic Information > Ping

From there do the following:
    Ping the IP address of the server you are trying to connect to
    Ping it by name
    Ping your local DNS server

Results:
    If you can ping by IP address but not by name that would make sense, it probably means there is no local DNS resolution services in you home network. Not a big deal, just connect using the IP address.

If you can't ping anything at all, you're either:
    1. Not on the same network
    2. Have your windows firewall turned on.

You can turn your Windows firewall off for testing purposes, but all you really need to do is ensure that remote desktop services are turned on and allowed through firewall.

Apart from that, make sure your credentials are correctly (username, password, domain).

Hope that helped.
    03-25-15 08:42 AM