Hi friends, yesterday, the radio of my Z 30 stopped working. I can't switch the airport mode on nor off.....in fact, if I switch it to on, a long spinning cycle starts and I have to reboot.
    I can't send text messages and make phone calls. The WI-Fi part works fine as well as just about everything else. I can't make phone calls. This is a STA 100-3, Verizon version. The Verizon people in the local store tried hard but couldn't make it work either.
    I think I should be looking for a good Blackberry repair service in the USA....any thoughts anybody, thank you for your time up front, Rene
    02-08-15 04:36 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset using the volume up and down buttons? Keep pressing until the square blue startup screen appears.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 04:42 PM
    It could be a lot of things causing the failure. It is possible that the hardware has failed. You can run a hardware test using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert. You'll find it in HELP. I'd start with software though. It is entirely possible that the radio file has been corrupted. It happens. A hard reset will reload the OS from memory and reestablish your connections. To do the reset mentioned above, simultaneously hold the VOLUP and VOLDN keys for about 20 seconds, until the Blackberry logo comes up. Give the phone about ten minutes to fully power up and get settled. If you still can't turn on the phone radio, then I'd recommend that you reload the device software. You can do it in Link. That will download and reload the most recent Verizon version of the device software. Make a backup first, though. Then you can restore your data and such.

For me (or anyone else here) to be able to help you further, you'll need to provide your OS version.

There are other things that you could try, depending on your experience level and tolerance for risk. Your best bet might be to spend a few hours perusing the forums here. There is a wealth of information that could well lead you to a solution. Search is your friend.
    02-08-15 04:54 PM