BBZ10 fell in water.. did the whole phone/battery in rice thing and phone is working. i used the torch light a couple of days ago and the camera was ok. but now the torch light is not coming on and the camera is not coming on also... what to do????
    12-11-14 08:01 AM
    How long was it in the rice dump? As long as it was fresh water, you will probably need 2,3,4 days, and it's a good idea to "rotate" the rice as it absorbs the moisture, you need to replace it with fresh/dry rice after the second day to keep absorbing the moisture.

MAYBE there was still some moisture left in the device. Try the Rice bath for another couple of days.

After that, if things are still wonky, As a last ditch effort, you might try a wipe and reload of the OS. I would copy/backup everything now/asap in case you get to the point you can't get anything off the device.
    Nayalm likes this.
    12-11-14 08:33 AM
    How long was it in the rice dump? As long as it was fresh water, you will probably need 2,3,4 days, and it's a good idea to "rotate" the rice as it absorbs the moisture, you need to replace it with fresh/dry rice after the second day to keep absorbing the moisture.

MAYBE there was still some moisture left in the device. Try the Rice bath for another couple of days.

After that, if things are still wonky, As a last ditch effort, you might try a wipe and reload of the OS. I would copy/backup everything now/asap in case you get to the point you can't get anything off the device.
    You dropped your phone in water and now wonder why all the functions of the phone don't work? Amazing!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 11:26 AM