Why has my BB 9360 stopped synchronizing the Google Calendar?
- Over the last week my BB 9360 has stopped synchronising my gmail calendar items from my PC although this is enabled in the e-mail setting on the device. Every morning now I get an e-mail on the device from blackberry Internet Service indicating "action required: calendar sync has stopped" and with instructions to enable synchronise calendar in the e-mail account. Although this is then performed and saved, strangely this gets disabled every day and generates another alert from BB internet service with a recurrent theme and no further synchronisation has occured. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.01-20-15 06:45 AM
- Over the last week my BB 9360 has stopped synchronising my gmail calendar items from my PC although this is enabled in the e-mail setting on the device. Every morning now I get an e-mail on the device from blackberry Internet Service indicating "action required: calendar sync has stopped" and with instructions to enable synchronise calendar in the e-mail account. Although this is then performed and saved, strangely this gets disabled every day and generates another alert from BB internet service with a recurrent theme and no further synchronisation has occured. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
For more extensive details, please refer to the 2 following active threads :
On Torch's forum :
Gmail calendar no longer syncing on OS 5, 6, 7 - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
On Bold's forum :
Google calendar not synching - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
Jeremie01-20-15 08:17 AM
- Hi everyone,
I am not sure whether all our affected readers have already escalated the incident through their carrier. For those who could not do it yet, we count on them to do it as soon as they can.
A small trivial recap. on the affected contributors found on these 2 dedicated threads:
- Gmail calendar no longer syncing on OS 5, 6, 7 - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
- Google calendar not synching - Page 8 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
South Africa : MTN (DaleneP)
Poland : T-Mobile (Kat666)
Czech Republic : Vodafone (B2y)
Spain : Vodafone (Goncal)
Germany : T-Mobile (ForumUser)
UK : GiffGaff/O2 (Lewesman)
Virgin Mobile (David99)
Belgium : Proximus (Jerybis)
France : Sosh/Orange (LaurentG)
Missing country : Vodafone (Grahamberville)
- For Western Europe we miss a representant from some countries (Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Austria...).
- Middle East region is still not represented...
Any candidates ?? ;-)
We recall to everybody that users connecting to the NOCs from Waterloo-Canada deserving Americas & Asia-Pacific are not affected by this issue (if you are from Americas, Asia-Pacific and experience this issue, we urge you to post your issue here).
Only users connected via the NOC based in the UK (Europe, Africa, Middle East) are affected by this incident.01-20-15 08:21 AM
- Dear new readers of this thread,
Twitting @blackberryhelp won't help you. They will take one full day to DM you and it will end by "you need to contact your carrier in order to escalate your incident to Blackberry support team".
For those who have difficulties to reach a reliable technician at your carrier support line with good understanding and being able to escalate the issue directly to Blackberry Support, I am giving some advices below.
OBJECTIVE : To call your carrier in order to escalate your incident to Blackberry Support team.
Do it only during a regular week day at regular working hours and make sure you call the technical/support line (not customer/client service) and try to get in touch with second level or blackberry specialist on BES/BIS. There are only a couple of good technicians on that matter in each carrier so you need to act wisely.
Here are my suggestions :
At first clearly mention that you are holding a Legacy Blackberry Device running under OS 7.1 (or earlier), not to be confounded with the BB10 devices, and thus you have a Blackberry subscription (technically you have a BIS subscription).
After having very briefly explained your issue (Synchronisation of your Google calendar and contacts has stopped since Jan 12th)
Start showing off that you aren't just a regular user by saying :
- "i have the lastest OS available (7.1.0.XXXX, 6.xxxx or 5.xxxx) that my device can support"
- "I have forced my phone to register on the network (Menu>Advanced System Setting>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now)"
- "After checking all my "Service Books" on my phone, to avoid confusion, I would like you to send me back my "service books" (of course you can do it yourself on your phone or from your BIS online account, but the purpose is to "bother" the technician). "
This will show to the 1st level technician that you have some real knowledge. There are 90% probabilities that this technician has never heard about these "service books". He will feel that you know more than him.
Add this :
- "I would like you to delete my BIS email accounts directly from the BIS blackberry server"
Then say :
- "If you (Representative/Technician) don't know how to resend me my Service Books and/or how to delete/reset my BIS email accounts from the Blackbery server. Fair enough, Never mind. It is just normal, I understand my request could be unusual for you. Then, would you mind transfering me to a support team or a person who has sufficient knowledge about BES/BIS services?"
Once you get in touch with the right reliable and knowledgeable person, explain with more details what is the situation.
1 - Inform about the recent KB36534 from Jan. 5 implemented recently in order to comply with the new security autorisation of Google Calendar and Contacts.
2 - Explain that no matter following the whole new procedure to authorize synchronisation of contacts and calendar, you receive within hours a notification that the synchronisation has stopped.
3 - Confirm that emails service is not affected at all.
4 - Inform that (if you are from a European Carrier or if you have checked your public IP/or your gmail tracking connections) your APN (meaning your public IP, your internet access point) is not anymore passing through the NOC/BIS server based in the UK but via the NOC/BIS server based in SOUTH AFRICA (how weird is that, isn't it?)
5 - Inform that only users connected under the NOC based in the UK (Europe, Africa, Middle East) are affected, others (from regions of Americas and Asia&Pacific) connected to the NOCs based in Canada are unaffected.
You will look like a very aware person. The technician will trust your technical knowledge and certainly ask you to send him an email to sum up this issue. If he doesn't ask you this, offer him to do so. Get his/her direct line to reach him and his/her direct email address.
Send your sum up by email.
Then after one or two working day if he/she is nice, and does his/her job proprely, he/she will confirm you that your incident has been escalated to BlackBerry Support Team and will eventually give you the reference of the Blackberry support ticket (which starts with INC00000XXXXXXX). Alternatively, you can gently request this reference INC0000XXXX so that you have a proof of the escalation of your issue.
In case of any feed back, PLEASE, report it in this thread so that the community learns from you.
Thank you for your effort and good luck.
Jeremie01-20-15 08:22 AM
- Having serious gmail calendar/contacts sync problems on my Bold 9780/Portugal/NOS.
Got a message asking for my main google password.
But why should it need that, rather than a device specific google-generated password?
It stopped complaining once I entered it, but then it started to misbehave again once I reset my main google password.
Also, why is BIS accessing my account from South Africa? It used to be from Amsterdam.
So, lots of problems on a key feature, solution late in arriving, poor communication from Blackberry.
I was considering updating to the new BB Classic, but now...01-31-15 10:01 AM
- Get Help & Give Help!
- Ask a Question
Why has my BB 9360 stopped synchronizing the Google Calendar?
- By GLTruesdale in forum BlackBerry PassportReplies: 17Last Post: 01-31-15, 02:35 PM
- By Michael Weinberger in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 10Last Post: 01-22-15, 09:53 PM
- By incongruent in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-15, 10:44 AM
- By dirtykurti69 in forum Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-20-15, 06:05 AM
- By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 01-19-15, 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD