It would seem that we all feel that BlackBerry is falling short of telling the general public about what makes BlackBerry great. It's also obvious to me that there are a lot of smart BlackBerry users out there.

Sooo, why don't we create our own BlackBerry advertising team where crackberry users can submit their "commercials " and our CBAT (CrackBerry Advertising Team) will review submissions and the best submission each (week?month?) will get chosen to be used in a fierce advertising campaign through social media.

Each (week/month) the advertising could have multiple levels of adverts such as video and or "banner" advertising that we would release to the CB nation as well to share on our own social media sites like twitter etc.

We all want BlackBerry to grown to its former glory, why not help them along with our combined skill sets?

Any used submission will include disclaimers that this advert wasn't approved by BlackBerry etc. And will give credit to the individual(s) who created it. Never know, maybe BlackBerry will start hiring submitters.

Any thoughts on this? Dumb idea? Any legal concerns? Anyone up for this and want to be part of the CBAT?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-10-14 08:35 AM
    It sounds like a good idea to me. What do we do, post them on You Tube?
    09-10-14 09:28 AM
    Great idea and all but who would pay for prime time? That's where the impact can be made.

Let me fix that: Worldwide prime time.
    09-10-14 09:29 AM
    I'd be up for joining the moment BlackBerry agrees to start sending me a weekly pay check for my time and work.

The idea that people are willing to volunteer their time to trying to help out a multi billion dollar company who doesn't even know who they are has always baffled me. I already volunteer at a soup kitchen and a stray animal rescue shelter and feel that both of those are a far better use of my limited free time for charity.
    JeepBB, budsfan1970 and Flatman like this.
    09-10-14 09:35 AM
    I'd be up for joining the moment BlackBerry agrees to start sending me a weekly pay check for my time and work.

The idea that people are willing to volunteer their time to trying to help out a multi billion dollar company who doesn't even know who they are has always baffled me. I already volunteer at a soup kitchen and a stray animal rescue shelter and feel that both of those are a far better use of my charitable time.
    Don't help then. It's volunteer work. Nobody gonna be pointing fingers.
    09-10-14 09:37 AM
    I agree that there are better "charities" than BlackBerry, but let's face it, we spend a tone of spare time doing this anyway, we just don't share it past these forums.

I wouldn't ask that someone stops volunteering elsewhere and only participate if you want and if you have time.

As for where to advertise, if we use the free channels we have at our disposal such as youtube, twitter and Facebook to name a few, and if we make the promos unique enough, we would hope to get a viral situation going where the MSM would pick it up as a new item if we get lucky.

As for next step, we should probably start by having people reach out with their skill set and how they would benefit the CBAT. From there we could pick from a list to get a team of... say 5 to start. Once we have that team we can decide as a group on the next steps. Probably best to work through BBM once we have a team and share updates through BBM Channels and Crackberry.

Thoughts?

Witmen likes this.
    09-10-14 09:44 AM
    So good idea or bad, there doesn't seem to be any interest... ah well.

09-11-14 06:26 AM
    So good idea or bad, there doesn't seem to be any interest... ah well.

For the record, I think the type of advertising you suggested is a great idea. BlackBerry should be spending money on a portion of their marketing dollars on projects like that.
    09-11-14 05:18 PM
    Great idea.
    I can help with the South American campaign and Germany. I do not write English so god but Spanish and German, no problem
    Just tell me when to start
    09-11-14 05:35 PM
    I think it is a good idea. Maybe create a separate board with sub categories so people can submit according to skill set:

* Video Ads
    * Banners
    * Icon / avatar
    * BBM / WhatsApp Stickers
    * Campaign Slogans - submissions that can be used by others to create media campaign

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:08 PM