i have an old Blackberry Curve 9300 with no phone service. and it runs on bb os 5. i use it as a kinda mini tablet like thing. it works just fine at my home. i have verizon dsl, with a netgear wireless router. but when i go to my local Wawa, that has free Xfinity wifi hotspot, it doesn't work. i can pick up the wifi signal. i go through the step to get on. i get to the point where Xfinity asks you to put your email and zip code in. i check the "i agree with the terms and conditions" box and then hit the start button. and nothing happens. it just stays on that page. is my Blackberry just too old? do i have it set up wrong? or what? i hope you all can help me. thank you.
    01-31-17 03:06 PM
    Can you get on the VZW hotspot with any other device at that location, with the same setup procedure?

Also, try a reset of device (battery pull) and see if there is a difference.
    01-31-17 03:47 PM
    i'm the OP. the VZW is my home wifi. that's not what i'm having trouble with.

I'm trying to access an xfinity free WiFi Hotspot that's provided by a retailer. other devices are not experiencing the same problem.
    01-31-17 11:32 PM
    Probably just too dang old and can't authenticate.
    Last edited by mrfreeze; 02-01-17 at 12:12 AM.
    01-31-17 11:43 PM
    Probably just to dang old and can't authenticate.
    I'd agree. I can't get any of my old BBOS phones to authenticate to xfinitywifi either. But they connect to my home wifi, just fine.
    01-31-17 11:56 PM
    Yeah, it's probably TOO old...If you can't connect to some specific wifi hotspots, maybe in that places you can go for https://wifispc.com... The website helps you find a free hotspot anywhere...so if everything is ok at ho,e for you, maybe outside use can try this one!...
    11-29-17 09:46 AM
    I try to connect new networks through this device.
    12-23-19 11:42 AM
    I try to connect new networks through this device.
    This is an old thread you are posting to.... are you having the same issue?

Most hotspots require the customer to log on to a webpage to authorize access. Try a different browser...
    12-23-19 03:05 PM