I have the latest version of BBM as available on the Blackberry World for my Z10, i.e ver 10.14.6.9
    And BlackBerry OS 10.3.2.2876
    Why dont i see any video calling option in my BBM?
    11-29-16 02:33 PM
    True cross platform video calling does not exist at the moment. BB10 users can video call with other BB10 users through BBM. This feature has existed for quite some time. iOS and Android BBM users are able to BBM video chat with each other, but it is currently not possible for iOS/Android to BBM video chat with BB10 users. We were promised this feature and were told that they were on another network for testing purposes and would be integrated soon. But as we have come to expect "soon" does not have the same meaning as we would expect. BlackBerry has their own view on what "soon" means. We are all hoping for BBM to finally become true cross platform (for major platforms).
    mine won't let me ring an andriod BBM for some reason. I couldn't say why it doen't though.
    11-29-16 02:36 PM
    True cross platform video calling does not exist at the moment. BB10 users can video call with other BB10 users through BBM. This feature has existed for quite some time. iOS and Android BBM users are able to BBM video chat with each other, but it is currently not possible for iOS/Android to BBM video chat with BB10 users. We were promised this feature and were told that they were on another network for testing purposes and would be integrated soon. But as we have come to expect "soon" does not have the same meaning as we would expect. BlackBerry has their own view on what "soon" means. We are all hoping for BBM to finally become true cross platform (for major platforms).
    11-29-16 08:41 PM
    We are all hoping for BBM to finally become true cross platform (for major platforms).
    BBM already is cross platform for "major" platforms....
    BB10 however is far from being a major platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 11:59 PM
    BBM already is cross platform for "major" platforms....
    BB10 however is far from being a major platform.

Posted via CB10
    Not going to debate that. My point is, BBM orginated on the BlackBerry OSes and as such, it would have been expected that inherently, it would be included in the ability to make video calls to the other 2 platforms (which, yes, are the only two major platforms). And what I was getting at is that it wasn't targeted for "all platforms", like Windows, Tizen, etc.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    11-30-16 10:11 AM
    Not going to debate that. My point is, BBM orginated on the BlackBerry OSes and as such, it would have been expected that inherently, it would be included in the ability to make video calls to the other 2 platforms (which, yes, are the only two major platforms). And what I was getting at is that it wasn't targeted for "all platforms", like Windows, Tizen, etc.
    All good....I was just voicing some frustration with the Blackberrys failure to make BBM on bb10 cross platform

Posted via CB10
    11-30-16 10:57 AM