hi, passport se user here, my gps works fine wirth the insalled map app but if i want a offline map app like map.me my gps does not work, the rights are given, gps is switched on
    12-21-15 03:57 PM
    The issue is app specific, I guess. What are you using.

Two Android apps, which I use, work w/ GPS: acar and waze.
    12-21-15 04:11 PM
    i tried maps.me, sygic and genius maps. they are not able to find a gps signal. hello gps works great and fast, finds a lot of gps connections, the installed maps app (telecommunication system.inc) has no problems to find my location.
    i installed the cobalt 2.7 playstore from here, android apps are working fine, the gps doesnt. the apps always say that i have to switch on my location service but it is already switched on. the apps have the access rights in the google authorization and in the bb settings.
    12-22-15 05:28 AM
    This option must be turned on in Blackberry Google ID > About

And you must have the patched Google Play Services on your device.

And the Android app must be patched with Play Services Patcher.
    Attached Thumbnails why does gps not work with android apps?-1450789351556.jpg  
    12-22-15 07:04 AM
    And you should also verify if Location services are enabled in the Android runtime. Steps to verify:

1. Run Blackberry Google ID
    2. Go to top right menu (3 dots)
    3. Choose Android settings
    4. Choose Location

Check if everything is turned on
    12-22-15 07:13 AM
    I have the same problem. Google Maps worked fine before the 2876 update. Now it asks for location services to be turned on (It doesn't ask for Play Services. I have the ID and Play Services installed). But location services are on, and the Google ID switch is on.
    12-22-15 09:16 AM
    just wonder why you are trying to use the Android Versions. Both Maps.me and Genius Maps are available in BBW and work well.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:06 AM
    just wonder why you are trying to use the Android Versions. Both Maps.me and Genius Maps are available in BBW and work well.
    Posted via CB10
    For that matter, BB Maps works pretty well. I sometimes like to use Google Maps or Google Earth for street views of things, though.
    12-22-15 11:11 AM
    !!!YES!!! thank you guys, especially you cobalt.
    found the "hidden" settings now

at logger

i downloaded maps.me and genius from bbw (after installing the cobalt stuff) but the gps didn't work either, don't know why but probally the apps need the location "ok" from the playstore settings and ignore the bb settings but nevermind it works now,
    12-22-15 11:31 AM
    I have the same problem. Google Maps worked fine before the 2876 update. Now it asks for location services to be turned on (It doesn't ask for Play Services. I have the ID and Play Services installed). But location services are on, and the Google ID switch is on.
    Did you check the location settings in the Android runtime? They are not synchronized with the location settings of the BB10 OS.

1. Run Blackberry Google ID
    2. Go to top right menu (3 dots)
    3. Choose Android settings
    4. Choose Location

This is how this setting looks like (in German):
    why does gps not work with android apps?-img_20151222_140937.png
    ubizmo likes this.
    12-22-15 01:24 PM
    Ah, that was it. I checked permissions but not settings! All's well now. Thank you.
    12-22-15 06:16 PM
    Anyone simply try running Android Assistant, then go into tools and see if Android apps can see GPS?
    12-22-15 07:44 PM
    I have sygic v14 from android worinking fine I had to copy base dir and maps from android but I have not patched the apk or activated location on Google services.

Here maps failed but maybe it requires ****ty Google services... anyone using heremaps?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 10:00 AM