both seem to be locking up randomly at times. i can be in an app, android or native and the screen just freezes. it takes 30 seconds or more for the app to be come active again. has anyone else has this happen? thoughts? i'm on bb 10.3.2.556 on both and software is as up to date as it allows me. i've also on at&t, using wifi at home 80% of the time and this happens regardless of if i am at home or on network.

i'm ready to throw them through the window.

thanks.
    02-02-16 05:48 PM
    both seem to be locking up randomly at times. i can be in an app, android or native and the screen just freezes. it takes 30 seconds or more for the app to be come active again. has anyone else has this happen? thoughts? i'm on bb 10.3.2.556 on both and software is as up to date as it allows me. i've also on at&t, using wifi at home 80% of the time and this happens regardless of if i am at home or on network.

thanks.
    First step, keep calm and don't throw them through the window lol

The freezing is due to a software bug that's present in the build you are running. A simple update to a later OS should fix this issue.

You can always take your SIM card out, put in a friends one (from another network) then search for a software update. (normally one is found) and update to it, then removed the friends SIM and re-insert yours

If you are unable to do this, you can always do a Factory Reset and the update to the latest OS after that.

I personally have never had this issue, but I hope I've been some sort of help

There is an "Advanced" route, which requires you to use a Auto-loader to get the latest OS. This will bypass your carriers approval and give you the lastest OS. You would have to side-load from your PC, but since I've never done this I can't really give more info than that.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    02-03-16 12:48 AM

thanks.
    You've likely identified the source of your problem. From personal experience, many of the "glitches " I've had to deal with have been caused by installed android apps.

Hopefully you don't have too many and you can simply delete and reboot to determine if any are at fault.
    The other alternative, as suggested, is an OS update and potentially the updated ART might correct your issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 01:39 AM