I am curious with why on BlackBerry World, developers aren't lowering prices of their apps with BlackBerry now supporting more android apps and with os 10.3.3 rumoured to have Google play support , isn't it logical that they lower their prices. Like iGrann pro have a cost, whereas, you can download Instagram from download client like mobogenie (same as amazon store) for free . Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 05:48 PM
    10.3.3 will not have google play support
    09-27-15 05:50 PM
    Because they are made by developers who worked hard to make them and each of those apps may or may not be helpful to you.
    Igrann uses much less battery than the real instagram app for example...
    wincyUt and Siddhesh007 like this.
    09-27-15 06:49 PM
    I'm a developer (not a BlackBerry one) I see no reason why BlackBerry World developers would lower their prices. First of all, an app isn't an inventory item where something rots in the store unless it is sold even at lower than cost. Second, they don't think that people are buying their apps based on price. If you use an Android app on a BlackBerry then there is a significant risk that the next update will render it unusable. Finally, there isn't likely to be any further competition for their apps coming to the BlackBerry World so they don't have to worry about that. Finally, sales are going to be dropping no matter what so you might as well get as much per sale as you can because you're certainly not going to be making it up in volume.

It's not all bad news, though. Anyone who is in the software business knows that there is a mysterious long tail that occurs with sales of your existing products where customers come out of the blue to buy apps that you haven't touched in years. At some point there will be millions of legacy BB10 devices out there with very little access to 3rd party apps so if they stumble on yours it might be worthwhile for them to buy it just to keep their device going. Someone might buy you your lunch today and you don't have to do anything at all for it to happen.
    09-27-15 07:14 PM
    With BlackBerry Priv having android it might have. But still it was rumoured.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:16 PM
    Because they are made by developers who worked hard to make them and each of those apps may or may not be helpful to you.
    Igrann uses much less battery than the real instagram app for example...
    I know they really worked hard for the apps and I appreciate their work, but with more and android support the developers will find it hard to sustain and continue their good work.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:19 PM
    I don't see how lowering the price of the apps would do anything for anyone other than the consumer that wants as much "free stuff" as possible.

I'm a firm believer in the "you get what you pay for" motto and just because Google Play has a ton of 'quality' apps for free, doesn't mean that they come entirely without a cost. Your apps will either be plagued by ads or your data will be sold to advertisers who will find you some other way.

There's nothing wrong with supporting the developers who have made quality apps and brought them to BB10. There are still paid apps on BlackBerry World for legacy OS and Playbook OS and, as long as they are still functioning, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Should U2 and ACDC give away all the remaining copies of their albums on cd format because most people are buying mp3s nowadays?
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-27-15 07:21 PM
    I know they really worked hard for the apps and I appreciate their work, but with more and android support the developers will find it hard to sustain and continue their good work.

Posted via CB10
    So why should they sell the same volume for less?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 07:50 PM
    Why developers aren't lowering prices of their apps?-img_20150927_200414.png

Snek shhhh
    wincyUt, Siddhesh007 and thurask like this.
    09-27-15 08:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150927_200414.png 
Views:	584 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	373386

Snek shhhh
    What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-15 09:40 PM
    What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    Seems obvious to me.
    09-28-15 12:24 AM
    Seems obvious to me.
    It doesn't seem obvious because pointing out a part of a one side story doesn't answer a whole issue, more importantly my concern was with the developers who worked hard to provide us with beautiful apps that we use. I just thought to find an answer for the question that whether developers are getting enough support for their hard work or not.
    It doesn't concern with nationality or perception towards things.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 12:53 AM
    It doesn't seem obvious because pointing out a part of a one side story doesn't answer a whole issue, more importantly my concern was with the developers who worked hard to provide us with beautiful apps that we use. I just thought to find an answer for the question that whether developers are getting enough support for their hard work or not.
    It doesn't concern with nationality or perception towards things.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree with you, it's not related with nationality or perception toward things but let's support our BlackBerry developer at least to buy it (I think the price for a lot of app not more than a cup of coffe) so they can provide good and a lot of application for our BlackBerry

Delivered by my Z30
    09-28-15 02:32 AM
    I don't see how lowering the price of the apps would do anything for anyone other than the consumer that wants as much "free stuff" as possible.

I'm a firm believer in the "you get what you pay for" motto and just because Google Play has a ton of 'quality' apps for free, doesn't mean that they come entirely without a cost. Your apps will either be plagued by ads or your data will be sold to advertisers who will find you some other way.

There's nothing wrong with supporting the developers who have made quality apps and brought them to BB10. There are still paid apps on BlackBerry World for legacy OS and Playbook OS and, as long as they are still functioning, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Should U2 and ACDC give away all the remaining copies of their albums on cd format because most people are buying mp3s nowadays?
    ++++ 10000

Delivered by my Z30
    09-28-15 02:33 AM
    Everyone has to earn money for living and BB app developers are no exception. Personally, if think an app isn't worth it I don't buy it.
    09-28-15 08:51 AM
    With BlackBerry Priv having android it might have. But still it was rumoured.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will run Android

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:23 AM
    Everyone has basically already wrote my exact thoughts, we work hard (Harder than some other OS's devs because of the lack of open API's ect in a lot of cases)

My Apps are already as low as possible, no-one one buys them anyway so why would any dev want to make less money to attract; well no-one?

I've yet to decide the price of my next App, considering the amount of time and work I've put into it I have a good right to charge a little bit more.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 09-28-15 at 10:01 AM.
    09-28-15 09:25 AM
    Everyone has basically already wrote my exact thoughts, we work hard (Harder than some other OS devs because of the lack of open API's ect in some cases)

My Apps are already as low as possible, no-one one buys them anyway so why would any dev want to make less money to attract; well no-one?

I've yet to decide the price of my next App, considering the amount of time and work I've put into it I have a good right to charge a little bit more.

Want to buy some app in BlackBerry World but unfortunately, I don't know what is problem but I can't purchase apps. There is an error every time. I think my bank don't support payment for BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 09:29 AM
    Want to buy some app in BlackBerry World but unfortunately, I don't know what is problem but I can't purchase apps. There is an error every time. I think my bank don't support payment for BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried with Phone Bill or PayPal ?

09-28-15 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had a similar problem quite some time ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact process I used to fix it but it is some sort of glitch and you need to log into the BlackBerry World website to get it working again. I remember not being able to do it from the BlackBerry World app. Try logging into the website, delete your method of payment, log out. Log back in and re-add your method (or an alternative one - try PayPal, for instance). That might do the trick for you.
    Siddhesh007 likes this.
    09-28-15 12:32 PM
    I had a similar problem quite some time ago. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact process I used to fix it but it is some sort of glitch and you need to log into the BlackBerry World website to get it working again. I remember not being able to do it from the BlackBerry World app. Try logging into the website, delete your method of payment, log out. Log back in and re-add your method (or an alternative one - try PayPal, for instance). That might do the trick for you.
    Thanks, I'll try this out

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 12:35 PM
    Thanks, I'll try this out

Posted via CB10
    When I tried doing that for an app on my playbook, there wasn't anywhere to add or remove payment methods. It had to be done on the device. (Which only worked with a prefunded paypal account. All valid credit cards failed.)
    09-28-15 02:04 PM