When I try to send a contact file to someone it say

"the contact data can't be shared
    03-27-15 11:30 AM
    Need more information to help you. How are you trying to send the contact? NFC, Bluetooth, BBM? The more information you give, the easier it is to help you.

Posted with a drop of Awesome Sauce!!!
    03-27-15 11:56 AM
    Make sure it's saved to your phone and not your sim maybe?
    03-27-15 01:32 PM
    Any news on this?
    04-10-15 08:54 AM
    I just sent one to email.
    04-10-15 08:57 AM
    This is a known problem. Real PITA. PLEASE BlackBerry, don't break my contacts. I've spent years putting them together.

Here's the link to the BlackBerry knowledge base: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Eagerly awaiting a fix for this.
    Posted via CB10
    rickkel and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-10-15 02:56 PM
    I sent 1 via email and another via sms text, It sends a .vcf file.
    Are you on the original OS release 10.2.1.xxxx? or a leaked version, or the "official" OS upgrade/release which may have issues????
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-10-15 03:44 PM
    Never had a problem sharing a contact from my Z30. I do it daily, and have done so across just about every OS release and leak I have come across. What build are you running, and how was it installed?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:49 PM
    Anyone else who has had this problem and found a fix?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 02:09 PM
    When I try to send a contact file to someone it say

"the contact data can't be shared
    What is the source of your contacts that are on your phone. ? Meaning are they from sim card, xchange,google,twitter,facebook,linknd, ..?? Other email accounts all ticked to be shown in your contact list?

Posted via Z30 or Red Passport.
    04-12-15 04:18 PM
    No need to go any further with the questions and comments. As noted a few comments back, this is a known issue. If you use Link to sync your contacts, they cannot be shared. I know this because that is how I manage my contacts.

Until they fix this, I just save any contacts that I want to share as a local contact too. This is usually just my own, so it's not too much of an issue. But it is quite irritating.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-12-15 11:13 PM
    Thanks, Rickkel!

Please tell me: how do you save the contact as "local" to share? When I edit my contacts, they are saved as "local" and "Mike-PC ".

Mike
    04-13-15 01:18 AM
    You're already saving them as local then.
    04-13-15 08:44 AM
    If you have a Local contact, just unlink them so you have two of them. Use the Local one to share, not your PC one.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-13-15 09:57 AM
    If you have a Local contact, just unlink them so you have two of them. Use the Local one to share, not your PC one.

Posted via CB10
    Must only be a pc thing? I have mine local and outlook.com and can share them.
    04-13-15 10:04 AM
    Thanks, Rickkel! That is a nice workaround. Let's hope BlackBerry gets its act together and fixes this bug!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:16 AM
    Must only be a pc thing? I have mine local and outlook.com and can share them.
    Yes you are right. You also cannot share contacts that only have Facebook or LinkedIn as a contact (and nothing else).
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-13-15 12:19 PM
    Interesting subject.

I'd be curious if one could indeed share a Linked IN or FB contact if you had input their phone numbers/e-mail..?? I'm doubting that.

Seems to me that there would have to a be a prohibition of sharing contact info from those two places...how else could those sites ensure privacy...or am I out to lunch here..?? The only way would be if both the sender and receiver had that particular contact as a FB friend/LI contact already..minus the phone / e-mail info. Or the only info that would be shared would be the phone / e-mail info.

Hmm upon reflection...I guess one could indeed transfer LinkedIn info...as one can search and see their profiles without being a "contact"...so then yea, I guess that should be shareable.

stk
    04-13-15 01:17 PM
    I don't have any issues on sending contacts to friends, it works well on my device.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 01:45 PM
    As an aside, I noticed today that when I link my Z30 to my wife's car via BT, no contact names appear in the contact list, just the numbers. When searching, only a few names are available. I suspect that only those few contacts which are shareable are showing. Even the BlackBerry assistant is not showing up. Seems the whole phone book is messed up, so that the A2DP protocol can't read it.

This means I now have to dial contact from the phone, thus defeating the object of hands-free.

Certainly hope BlackBerry fixes this quickly.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:28 PM
    I amazed how there was no issues with this on OS7 but for someone reason they can't get it right now. Not only is there a sharing problem, but it's also a problem with meeting appointments where you can't add contacts to the meeting.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:12 PM
    It actually wasn�t a problem awhile back (not sure how many OS's back - probably 10.2.x) . Sharing contracts and adding folks to meetings worked fine. It was broken somewhere along the way.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-19-15 01:32 AM
    It actually just 10.3.xx and it's crap, they need to pull their finger out on this update.
    Only fix I can find is get something other than BlackBerry.
    It's becoming pathetic, it used to be a good business tool, that was their niche, not anymore

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-20-15 07:23 PM
    Well, the folks at BlackBerry listened to us and the newest official OS on the Leap (10.3.1.2726) solves the problem of sharing contacts! This OS is available for installation via Sachesi (non-destructive) and finally fixes this problem. It also seems like the whole contact app has been revamped and works a lot better. I have less un-linked contacts and my choice of what I want to see in the contact list stay fixed (e.g. sometime my SIM card contacts would turn on by themselves which means those awful *74 - pay your bill, etc. contacts would keep popping into my contact list).
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-27-15 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the good news, Rickkel! Now I anxiously await the update for my Z30! Here's hoping...

Zipped up from my Z30 STA 100-6
    04-27-15 02:39 PM
31 12