My only issue with Printhand is that it's not native. I'd be willing to spend $5 for a native version, but for an Android port? No thanks. If that makes me pretentious or whatever, I'm cool with that.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    12-07-14 12:57 PM
    My only issue with Printhand is that it's not native. I'd be willing to spend $5 for a native version, but for an Android port? No thanks. If that makes me pretentious or whatever, I'm cool with that.
    I would be willing to pay for a native one too. I don't have any Android apps on any of my several BB10 phones due to the lack of control over the app permissions, but PrintHand is the only one I really miss!
    12-07-14 01:06 PM

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Oh for crying out loud. It has been tweaked for BlackBerry (the regular Google Play version doesn't download printer drivers properly), is fast, fluid, and can be shared to.

If it's a functionality you need, and you refuse to get it simply because it's an outstanding android port instead of native, then "pretentious" isn't the word that comes to mind.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    12-07-14 02:05 PM
    I would be willing to pay for a native one too. I don't have any Android apps on any of my several BB10 phones due to the lack of control over the app permissions, but PrintHand is the only one I really miss!

Why can't I print wirelessly?-img_20141207_231043.png

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:11 PM
    Absolutely ridiculous that we can't print from the network natively. This is supposed to be a work phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 05:06 AM
    None of the apps mentioned or I have researched work as naturally and instinctively as the iPhone or iPads. They limit you to what you can print, only docs not email, and or have to print to an outside kinkos or something. Or you have to send it to your computer and print from there. What's the point of that? Not very convenient. Or I'm missing something
    My Passport, with the Brother printer android app, prints anything I want off my PP. Docs, emails, even photos! It even connects to my cloud account so I can print whatever I want from there as well. Anything!

FWIW, when we want to print off the same printer using our iPad Air, it too needs us to use the Brother app, just like on my PP.

To sum up, both my PP and iPad can identify the Brother printer on our home network through the Brother app, and print with equal capabilities.

I don't see what the big deal is....

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:28 PM
    Hey BlackBerry. Why can't you build printing into bb10. My z30 can't even find a wifi direct printer. Please fix this. I work in a remote work setting and all the printers use wifi direct as they are not hooked to the Internet. The apple and android phone connect via wifi direct and air print but not the blackberry 10's. Doesn't exactly look good for a business phone.

Storm to curve 9360 to z10 to z30
    12-25-14 09:42 AM
    Does anybody know whether it is possible to print via "wifi direct". My HP printer does support wifi direct. Nevertheless my BlackBerry wont find it on the network.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance
    02-05-15 03:08 AM
    Is there any chance printing via wifi-direct? My HP printer does support wifi-direct printing. Nevertheless my BlackBerry wont find the printer on the network :/
    Bests
    02-05-15 03:12 AM
34 12