I bought the BB from my roommate, whom is trustworthy, and both of us are boggled as to why the phone is not working. I spoke to both the staff at Virgin and Rogers. Both confirmed the phone is unlocked. Yet, the phone displays "Call Failed" even when trying to call Virgins support line (#111). I set up my account online and added $15 pay as you go minutes...all good until I tried to call to activate an add on. "Call Failed" is all I got. The mobile network signal symbol says "SOS" in a red light. But what does this mean and why??? Please help. No one seems to have any idea as to why this is. Thank you kindly.
    Lisa
    12-11-14 08:11 PM
    I'm not aware of the 8250 model, perhaps you mean the 8520? If so, then it won't work on work on Bell/Virgin because the 8520 has only GSM (2G) bands, and Bell does have a GSM network.

So to recap, the 8520 will only work on Rogers or Fido.
    12-11-14 11:47 PM
    It's worth noting ATT is also gsm. Virgin is cdma. So it should work on att as well. However to my understanding I don't believe the produce different models with different bands all the phones regardless of carrier should suport any band the phone was designed to support. which is why I can send this on a Verizon Q10 over the ATT network.

Posted via Q10 a device that doesn't bleed personal information
    12-12-14 02:04 AM