Hi guys,

Any help with this issue would be really appreciated!

I've been reinstalling BB Desktop Manager after reinstalling Windows 7 (Ultimate, SP1).

When I try to set up a sync to MS Outlook the Desktop manager says it can't load the list of fields, hence I can set up the sync.

If I run the Desktop Manager as the Administrator account/login things work fine, but not when I use my regular Windows account/login, even though this is an "Administrator" account.

If I run the Desktop Manager with "Run as Administrator" then the Desktop Manager won't even recognise that the BB 9900 has been connected.

I've also tried running the Desktop Manager in various compatibility modes and it makes no difference.

I've tried removing it and reinstalling it (even running the installer with the "Run as Administrator" option).

Any ideas anyone?
    11-08-14 11:22 AM
    You might try cleaning the registry files. This can be done by using Ccleaner. It can be downloaded here. Download the free version. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Run the registry clean option. Then restart your computer and phone. Reconnect the phone to the computer and see that helps.
    11-09-14 12:13 PM
    It's me again! I posted the above without logging in.

Thanks. I'll give that a go.

What I have found though is that using Outlook 2007 seems to make it all work. May be this is some weirdness with Outlook 2010 and the User Access Control stuff in Windows 7.

Regarding the registry needing cleaning; the machine's only just been rebuilt with Windows 7! Who knows!

Thanks for yoyur suggestion.
    11-09-14 02:42 PM
    Hmm, I don't think it's a Outlook 2010 compatability issue. I was using it with a 9850 and it would sync just fine. If you just had the Windows 7 installed you are right, it shouldn't have a problem with the registry files.
    11-09-14 07:38 PM