Why should I choose a BlackBerry over Android, Windows and iPhone?
    02-04-17 06:48 PM
    BB10 or BB Android?

If the former, you shouldn't (inb4 triggering).

If the latter, if the update schedule, BlackBerry's OS tweaks, form factor (mostly for Priv/Mercury), cost and network support all end up as positive for you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-04-17 06:52 PM
    It depends on what's important to you.
    02-04-17 07:53 PM
    "Tools, not toys."
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-04-17 08:29 PM
    wife has a Samsung, both daughters have an Apple, I have my Blackberry. If you want a phone that the operating system looks and feels cheap go with the others, but I love my Blackberry over theirs any day.
    02-04-17 09:04 PM
    You will feel the difference after using BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 05:40 AM
    Because yes, it's crackberry, stop.
    02-05-17 05:45 AM
    For me it's all about productivity.
    02-05-17 07:26 AM
    For me it's all about productivity.
    Ah, but one can be productive with toys. It's all relative.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    02-05-17 12:35 PM
    Ah, but one can be productive with toys. It's all relative.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    Understood, but I've always weighed all options available. The amount of time I save by being productive on a BlackBerry can't be matched by the other options, none of which I'd consider "toys" anyway.
    02-05-17 12:54 PM
    Features like the Hub, DTEK, and the hardened kernel are about it for the slabs, add the pkb for the Priv and Merc.
    02-05-17 01:14 PM
    If you have plenty of penny, want to trust a company whose track record is A+ in disowning their loyal Fan/Customers then surely BlackBerry is the one to buy.

If you want to buy a phone from a company whose CEO kept telling that BB10 is the most secure OS yet they silently jumped ship to an UNSECURE Android and dumped their most SECURE OS which they don't have the guts to publicly announce that ' we are done with bb10 ' then surely BlackBerry is the best choice, (oh and the they still trying to secure android)

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 02:05 PM
    If you have plenty of penny, want to trust a company whose track record is A+ in disowning their loyal Fan/Customers then surely BlackBerry is the one to buy.

If you want to buy a phone from a company whose CEO kept telling that BB10 is the most secure OS yet they silently jumped ship to an UNSECURE Android and dumped their most SECURE OS which they don't have the guts to publicly announce that ' we are done with bb10 ' then surely BlackBerry is the best choice, (oh and the they still trying to secure android)

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 failed where it counted most, sales. They couldn't keep putting out phones that kept losing them money indefinitely.

So the options going forward were not many and not ideal; get out of smartphone business altogether or forge business partnerships such as they have. I am disappointed there are no more BlackBerry 10 phones coming out, but am thankful for the Mercury to still give me the BlackBerry pkb experience. They are not "disowning" me or other BlackBerry fans, they are extending our BlackBerry days the only fiscally responsible way they can.

I don't need BlackBerry to come out and say BlackBerry 10 is dead, nor should anyone. Actions speak louder than words.

I do not know why you continue to come on CrackBerry if you only are going to bash BlackBerry. Surely you could find something else to do with your time other than spread your disdain for BlackBerry.

Posted with my  Classic
    zephyr613 and rarsen like this.
    02-05-17 02:30 PM
    BlackBerry 10 failed where it counted most, sales. They couldn't keep putting out phones that kept losing them money indefinitely.

So the options going forward were not many and not ideal; get out of smartphone business altogether or forge business partnerships such as they have. I am disappointed there are no more BlackBerry 10 phones coming out, but am thankful for the Mercury to still give me the BlackBerry pkb experience. They are not "disowning" me or other BlackBerry fans, they are extending our BlackBerry days the only fiscally responsible way they can.

I don't need BlackBerry to come out and say BlackBerry 10 is dead, nor should anyone. Actions speak louder than words.

I do not know why you continue to come on CrackBerry if you only are going to bash BlackBerry. Surely you could find something else to do with your time other than spread your disdain for BlackBerry.

Posted with my  Classic
    Truth is stranger then fiction, BlackBerry did disowned their loyal customers, those who have shifted or adopted BlackBerry android won t feel the same way as the BB10 fans are feeling right now.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 05:10 AM
    Why should you? Because Chairman Chen needs to deliver ROI for his shareholders. Do the right thing and put money in the Mighty Chen's pocket!
    02-06-17 05:32 AM
    Search for some old pre-PRIV discussion, and you'll read "because Android phones are toys". This means that almost every OS is good for most users. Apps are the only relevant element when choosing a device (for example, I bought an iPad because of Pages, iCloud and GarageBand, but I have no need for an iPhone, so OS 10, Android, iOS are all the same, especially if I get an HUB on Android).
    02-06-17 06:04 AM
    "because Android phones are toys"
    Most Android fanatics I've met are the kind of people who enjoy playing around with the bootloader, flashing custom ROMs and such. I'd classify that as 'toys for boys'. Such things are PITA for people who need their phone to just work.
    02-06-17 06:07 AM
    Most Android fanatics I've met are the kind of people who enjoy playing around with the bootloader, flashing custom ROMs and such. I'd classify that as 'toys for boys'. Such things are PITA for people who need their phone to just work.
    On the contrary, most people I know use Android (the others have an iPhone), and have no idea what a bootloader is. Just like they have not particular skills on Windows.
    02-06-17 07:09 AM
    Truth is stranger then fiction, BlackBerry did disowned their loyal customers, those who have shifted or adopted BlackBerry android won t feel the same way as the BB10 fans are feeling right now.

Posted via CB10
    Dude I had 2 bb10 phones and loved them. That said, bb10 didn't take in a big enough market for BlackBerry to keep it up. You may feel abandoned but BlackBerry is trying to stay afloat and needed to stop making bb10. You need to just let that sink in. Use your passport until you can't anymore and move on. If that means no more BlackBerry for you then fine. Complaining here won't change any of that
    02-06-17 07:49 AM
    Dude I had 2 bb10 phones and loved them. That said, bb10 didn't take in a big enough market for BlackBerry to keep it up. You may feel abandoned but BlackBerry is trying to stay afloat and needed to stop making bb10. You need to just let that sink in. Use your passport until you can't anymore and move on. If that means no more BlackBerry for you then fine. Complaining here won't change any of that
    Complaining here can be very therapeutic...
    02-06-17 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Or, if you just love BlackBerry's difference from android or apple and want to use it because you can, regardless of why you think they are not top-sellors.

I believe my BB10s will be functional for a long time to come. No worries about viruses, spyware, intruding apps that suck up my paid data, and it's simple -- and fun -- to use.

A phone isn't a marriage contract, and the best BlackBerrys are way cheaper to buy than the 'flagship' androids and apples. We can choose what works by what works for us.
    02-06-17 09:23 AM
    BB10 or BB Android?
    If the former, you shouldn't (inb4 triggering).
    /shakes paw in air
    Ima triggerin'.... IMA TRIGGERIN'..... IMA, Ooo SQUIRREL!!!
    /distracted pounce

Seriously, for the OP and others...
    What I like best on all the (non-Android) BlackBerry's I have owned and currently still use, even across the various legacy BBOS versions and BB10, is that out of the box, it does exactly what I need it to do without having to hunt down and install various "There's an App For That" stuff.
    Yes, I can and do further tweak them with apps, it's just for everything I do on my BlackBerry, it can do it "vanilla".
    02-06-17 10:04 AM
    What do you need from a phone?
    Try all 3 of them yourself and decide.
    Simple, no?
    02-06-17 10:30 AM
    /shakes paw in air
    Ima triggerin'.... IMA TRIGGERIN'..... IMA, Ooo SQUIRREL!!!
    /distracted pounce

Seriously, for the OP and others...
    What I like best on all the (non-Android) BlackBerry's I have owned and currently still use, even across the various legacy BBOS versions and BB10, is that out of the box, it does exactly what I need it to do without having to hunt down and install various "There's an App For That" stuff.
    Yes, I can and do further tweak them with apps, it's just for everything I do on my BlackBerry, it can do it "vanilla".
    Some of us want more than "vanilla"...
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-06-17 10:51 AM
    Because it's a Blackberry!
    02-06-17 10:53 AM
35 12