Android apps are very slow on my Z30, get less than 5 frames per second and usually end up becoming completely unresponsive resulting in my having to close the program.
    05-26-15 12:41 AM
    Same here... The android environment must be a work in progress... I hope...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:52 AM
    Which apps are those?cause the few apps I have on my Q10 are working just fine except for Zedge,which was kinda expected

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 12:56 AM
    Same here... The android environment must be a work in progress... I hope...

Posted via CB10
    Lol you guys should of seen it at 10.0....

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 01:45 AM
    Because it's a blackberry device, not an android one. People need to understand that android apps are kind of a work around...the ones that I run (20+ android apps) work flawlessly, but some of the android apps won't run or will be slow.

So if the apps that you need aren't working well, you should consider switching to another platform.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:03 AM
    Are you on 10.3.1? Cause on my Z10 android apps run in a very acceptable manner now. And it's even faster on a Z30

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 02:07 AM
    Lol you guys should of seen it at 10.0....

Posted via CB10
    I can only imagine which is why I believe it's still a work in progress. QNX appears modular so getting a second OS to play nice with the native kernel (or micro kernel) has got to be tough. Like people, sometimes our unique personalities get in the way...
    05-26-15 08:32 AM
    So if the apps that you need aren't working well, you should consider switching to another platform.

Posted via CB10
    Or be patient until they can work out more of the kinks. I know you guys get tired of hearing us complain, but if all we said was everything is "flawless" and perfect, how would BB know what wrinkles still need a little ironing??? Honest feedback should not offend and is the only means of achieving true perfection...

PS... And because there is a problem with an Android app doesn't mean the problem is with QNX, for all we know the app may work the same on pure Android??? In fact I may get me a cheap Android device just to test that theory. Any recommendations of one that doesn't need to be activated?
    05-26-15 08:36 AM
    Or be patient until they can work out more of the kinks. I know you guys get tired of hearing us complain, but if all we said was everything is "flawless" and perfect, how would BB know what wrinkles still need a little ironing??? Honest feedback should not offend and is the only means of achieving true perfection...

PS... And because there is a problem with an Android app doesn't mean the problem is with QNX, for all we know the app may work the same on pure Android??? In fact I may get me a cheap Android device just to test that theory. Any recommendations of one that doesn't need to be activated?
    Moto G unlocked, nexus 4. One of those.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:26 AM
    But android apps have continued to improve in performance since launch which was just over 2 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:27 AM
    But android apps have continued to improve in performance since launch which was just over 2 years ago.

Posted via CB10
    So the age of the app we use might make all the difference in the world...
    05-26-15 02:29 PM
    So the age of the app we use might make all the difference in the world...
    I've found that android apps that need to scroll tend to be much slower than others.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 09:42 PM