I just "up graded from my 9900 to the classic and am becoming more than frustrated with what it can't do that I used to be able to do easily on the 9900. Can anyone help me with the following:
    1. I want to sync the Classic with my Desktop outlook. All the discussion on this topic seems to suggest it is possible but how? (I'm not interested in another app!)
    2. How do I send a BCC of an email to myself to be sure it is saved to my outlook? I can't find any setting nor is there an option for bcc in the compose window.
    3. Is there a way to stop the phone from phantom calling aside from locking it and then having to unlock before making a call?
    I'm seriously considering returning the classic and sticking with my 9900.
    Peter
    03-04-15 02:46 PM
    In the overflow window of the compose on your email you don't see Add BCC?
    03-04-15 07:16 PM
    Depending on your email type, you may not need to sync with a desktop mail client. Outlook.com and Gmail addresses will sync your mail, calendar, and contacts. IMAP email accounts will sync all of your messages and give you copies of any meeting requests into your inbox to add to local calendars. Contacts will still be an issue though. With all of these email services your sent messages will show across all of your devices. BCC of emails to yourself was mainly a workaround for the limitations of POP3 mail services where mail is a one way push to the device. BlackBerry 10 has better support for IMAP and Active Sync than the legacy BBOS did, mainly since the older devices relied on Blackberry's proprietary email systems to interact with the account(s) you configured on the device.

If you need to sync with your Outlook client for contacts or calendars, you can use BlackBerry Link desktop software to synch the information you need. The advantage of Link is that if your handset is on a wifi network on a continuous network with your computer that it can do the sync without needing a USB connection.

As JayDee mentioned for BCC, if you need it for use with a POP3 account, you can look in the overflow menu (the three stacked dots in the bottom right corner) when you compose a message:

Attachment 338996

As for phantom calls: do you have the phone in your pocket or in some kind of case? Do you have keyboard shortcuts set for speed dials?
    03-05-15 06:26 AM