Resolution to Blackberry Connection Problem

Model Blackberry Playbook
    Pin 501D44D6
    2.1 bundle 1917 installed

I am having a problem getting my playbook to connect to the Blackberry Desktop Software. When I open the software on my computer it says in the bottom after a min or two Sync All. I click on file and it brings up on screen Manage files  get started. The playbook itself shows connected to computer. When I click on the get started button it says �Problem occurred while attempting to connect to your blackberry device.

When I click on Troubleshoot my connection it reads the following possible problems:

1. Cables bad. I have tried two.
    2. Is the playbook charged? It is fully charged.
    3. Have I close my anti-virus program. Yes
    I am running an Asus computer with an I7 Intel Processor. It has 8 gigs on ram and plenty on mass storage. I am running windows 7 Pro. I have also upgrade the OS on the playbook to the latest one. It has worked before when I uploaded a lot of book on it and I have not tried to upload for a while. I wanted to upload some more books and delete some. I don�t know what has changed. I have also tried the below items. There is no longer any free help from Blackberry. Can anyone help me get this thing working again? Thanks

Resolution
    Resolution 1:
    Upgrading Windows 7 x64 to a minimum of SP1 allows the driver to initialize and work with BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2 to 6.1.

Resolution 2:
    Completing the full driver installation process in Microsoft Windows by allowing the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet to run through the entire power cycle process.
    (Before starting; ensure BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2 or higher is installed on the computer, it must also remain running throughout all steps)
    1. Launch the Desktop Software, Do not close.
    2. Connect the PlayBook to the computer; Should receive the message "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device"
    3. Turn off the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet.
    4. Power On the PlayBook PlayBook Tablet.
    5. When prompted again with "BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device"
    6. Ignore the warning message, however, do NOT dismiss it.
    7. Allow the PlayBook to fully boot up to the home screen.
    8. After 3-5 mins it should allow for the completion the PlayBook's Desktop Software profile setup.
    � Back to top
    Additional Information
    Symptoms displayed may also be caused by the Research in Motion Network Device virtual network adapter attributes being unchecked. For more information, please refer to KB26904.
    In some cases it may be required to hard reset the PlayBook by Pressing and holding the Power Button for 10-20 seconds.
    For Windows 7 and Windows Vista, complete the following steps:
    1. Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet or Network and Sharing Center.
    2. Under View your active networks, choose the alternative Local Area Connection x (Access type: No Internet access) that is detected as Research In Motion Network Device.
    3. In the Local Area Connection Status window, select Properties.
    4. Under This connection uses the following items, check the boxes for:

� Client for Microsoft Networks
    � File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks
    � Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
    Ensure Research In Motion Network Drive is not disabled in Windows Device Manager.
    1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
    3. Click on the Hardware tab.
    4. Select Device Manager.
    5. Click Network adapters
    6. Ensure Research In Motion Network Device is not disabled.
    07-04-15 05:39 PM