Looking for Blackberry Classic Non Camera, which went out of production a few month ago.

Blackberry headquarters said they no longer have any, and said Verizon still does. But Verizon doesn't have any left.

No longer available at www dot verizonwireless dot com / smartphones / blackberry-classic-non-camera

Then Blackberry told me I could find it on ebay, but I didn't find it on ebay.

"There are currently no listings" on the "No Camera" tab of www dot amazon dot com / gp / offer-listing / B00TRB941O/ref=olp_twister_child?ie=UTF8&mv_color_name=0&mv_s ervice_provider=0&mv_size_name=0 , which means amazon.com no longer has it.

I've tried googling and binging, but haven't found any - but it's difficult to search for the no camera version. Official name is "Blackberry Classic Non Camera"

Thanks.
    10-24-16 01:03 PM
    Have you tried eBay? I bought my standard Verizon Classic there a few months ago and there were a few non-camera devices on there at the time. The only issue was that you had to dig through the descriptions in the listing to find out that it was the variant with no camera.

Overall, I'd think it would be fairly tough to find anyone selling these in large numbers since these were more or less made for high security customers and with such a small number of customers needing, or wanting, this version of the handset I'd think the actual numbers of devices without a camera is rather small.
    10-24-16 01:54 PM
    Saw some on Ebay straight buy for $259 Canadian

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 02:02 PM
    Have you tried eBay? I bought my standard Verizon Classic there a few months ago and there were a few non-camera devices on there at the time. The only issue was that you had to dig through the descriptions in the listing to find out that it was the variant with no camera.

Overall, I'd think it would be fairly tough to find anyone selling these in large numbers since these were more or less made for high security customers and with such a small number of customers needing, or wanting, this version of the handset I'd think the actual numbers of devices without a camera is rather small.
    Did you not read the OP, where he states "Then Blackberry told me I could find it on ebay, but I didn't find it on ebay" lol.

To the OP, they are rare so I'd periodically check eBay and Amazon. At some point it may well pop up for used ones.

Posted with my  Classic
    10-24-16 02:02 PM
    There's a Verizon non camera model on swappa RIGHT now, you ought to snap it up!

https://swappa.com/listing/HFL128/view

And/or keep checking ebay they popup.

Also, welcome to CrackBerry!

If you need additional help or have more questions or information to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join.
    SarcasticProcessor likes this.
    10-24-16 02:47 PM
    Saw some on Ebay straight buy for $259 Canadian
    When did you see this? I just checked ebay . ca and didn't find one, but maybe there was hidden in there somewhere. I think it was probably easier to find one even one month ago than today, because they only went out of production about 3 months ago..

For the life of me I have no idea why BlackBerry stopped producing pretty much the only no camera smartphone there is, without providing a no camera option on some other phone, such as the Priv.
    Last edited by SarcasticProcessor; 10-24-16 at 05:10 PM.
    10-24-16 04:49 PM
    There's a Verizon non camera model on swappa RIGHT now, you ought to snap it up!

https://swappa.com/listing/HFL128/view

Thanks. I just snapped that baby up.

Now that a BB is on its way to me, I anticipate stopping by to get up to speed in the world of BB.

I'd still like to get a new Classic Non Camera. And I know quite a few colleagues who would also be interested.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-24-16 05:11 PM
    Partially because they've added a policy to BES that can disable the camera on managed devices. Also, the demand for this variant has to be very low.

Also, I brought up eBay for the fact that the item description doesn't always mention the fact that a device may be the non camera version.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 05:47 PM
    SP,

Welcome to CrackBerry as an actual member! Glad you decided to join. If you have any questions or problems please feel free to reach out at any point. Always feel free to post up, BUT you may also contact me personally via PM if you wish.
    SarcasticProcessor likes this.
    10-25-16 09:13 AM