I have a blackberry they have an iphone app bbm. I send message and next to message lines are just check marks, no D. does that indicate their bbm is turned off?
    04-04-17 11:44 AM
    iphone bbm app doesn't work really well. Meaning it doesn't notify the user they have any messages. The checkmark means it sent from your device, but the person doesn't have bbm open and running in the background on their iphone. It won't go to delivered until they open the bbm app. I wish this was different. I quit using it to message my wife because she was never getting any messages from me.
    04-04-17 12:36 PM
    iphone bbm app doesn't work really well. Meaning it doesn't notify the user they have any messages. The checkmark means it sent from your device, but the person doesn't have bbm open and running in the background on their iphone. It won't go to delivered until they open the bbm app. I wish this was different. I quit using it to message my wife because she was never getting any messages from me.
    Actually, BBM on iOS does notify the user -- if notifications are set up properly. I just confirmed this sending from both my Priv and Passport to my iPhone. If notifications are allowed for BBM, notifications can be in the Notification Centre, by sound, by badge app icon and on lock screen. The only thing you can't do is to select a custom tone. This all works whether or not BBM is open in the background, if background app refresh is allowed under the permissions.
    04-04-17 01:32 PM
    I have a blackberry they have an iphone app bbm. I send message and next to message lines are just check marks, no D. does that indicate their bbm is turned off?
    Yes -- your contact may be offline, or have the app closed with background refresh disabled for BBM.
    04-04-17 01:40 PM
    Yeah I concur with the previous posts... either phone is closed, or has no data signal, or the background app refresh is off... or BBM is uninstalled
    04-04-17 02:01 PM
    or BBM is uninstalled
    Lol. I missed that one.
    04-04-17 02:04 PM
    I will check her iphone when she gets home. I know it was working when bbm for iphone came out, but after a few updates it stopped. So one of the updates must have turned something off. I have three clients who use iphones as well, and they never get my bbm messages.
    04-04-17 05:09 PM
    I have BBM on the iPhone 6S Plus with iOS 10.3 and i would say that the most recent BBM had been working pretty flawlessly. It should had been like this at launch
    04-04-17 07:22 PM