Having a BBry Classic (OS 10), I have been posted by Whatsapp that starting with next year the application will no longer be supported on my device.
    Is there any way to avoid this?
    How can I still continue to use Whatsapp on my BBry also next year.

Thanks
    09-02-16 03:31 AM
    Yes that's true ..you have to get supported device either android or ios
    09-02-16 03:36 AM
    Really? WhatsApp is ending support?
    Oh no.... *heartbraking (pun intended).

Posted via going, going, gone PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2888 on CB10 app.
    09-02-16 05:00 AM
    Was your heart going too fast? Or are you dying?

I'm curious as to why your heart is braking.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-02-16 09:58 AM

I don't understand your pun either. Perhaps it's just not that 'punny'. Sorry. :P
    09-02-16 10:01 AM
    OP ... search the forums. Someone had posted a workaround. It takes a little bit of effort, but seems to be working for folks. They are using the Android version on BB10. I think it is worth a try and see if you can get it working. If it doesn't work, ask the author of that thread, or perhaps any issue you had, may have already been asked by someone else. Good luck.
    09-02-16 10:04 AM
    Yes, OP, the official BB1 0app will no longer work after 2016 but the Android app does work for now though it's not quite as smooth of an experience as the Android app and you will not have the same HUB integration you have currently. Do you have a way to install android apps on your device? If so, find the latest version of Whatsapp there. It works on my Classic but there is a workaround for being able to send pictures. You need to install this bar file to get it attached which you wil have to connect to a PC in order to do:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/A7AF/j2qxiKkVy

A search in the forums for installing Android apps and then a search for sideloading .bar files should get you going and will keep your Classic fully functional for a longer life. It's not the best scenario but as a longtime BlackBerry user, work-arounds are just a part of the experience.
    09-02-16 10:09 AM
    Was your heart going too fast? Or are you dying?

I'm curious as to why your heart is braking.

I don't understand your pun either. Perhaps it's just not that 'punny'. Sorry. :P

That's the pun. Heart Braking. Like stopping.

In our part of the world, WhatsApp is so popular that businesses use it to promote and connect their businesses with people.
    And they're pulling the plug for BB10.

It is such a shame they're pulling the brake for BB10 supports.
    Come year end, like it or not, most of us Asians who rely on WhatsApp on BB10 will have to part our favourite OS and go Android or iOS.
    Or we're just 'not connected' anymore.

Admit it, as great as BBM is, nobody is going to download and try a new app just because one person is asking you to do so.

09-02-16 10:41 AM
    That's the pun. Heart Braking. Like stopping.

In our part of the world, WhatsApp is so popular that businesses use it to promote and connect their businesses with people.
    And they're pulling the plug for BB10.

It is such a shame they're pulling the brake for BB10 supports.
    Come year end, like it or not, most of us Asians who rely on WhatsApp on BB10 will have to part our favourite OS and go Android or iOS.
    Or we're just 'not connected' anymore.

Admit it, as great as BBM is, nobody is going to download and try a new app just because one person is asking you to do so.

I have a suggestion; write to the developers of Whatsapp and beg, plead and offer them unbelievable sums of cash to leave their app work on BB10 devices. Writing here serves no purpose, as BlackBerry has no input in their (Whatsapp) decision.

glwerry likes this.
    09-02-16 11:31 AM
    I would recommend that you introduce you whatsapp contacts to BlackBerry Messenger, it goes across all platforms now, so that is an option..

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 01:31 PM
    I would recommend that you introduce you whatsapp contacts to BlackBerry Messenger, it goes across all platforms now, so that is an option..

Posted via CB10
    This is a good idea now since we can use a phone number as a BlackBerry ID and that people who have our phone numbers can locate us via BBM.

Unfortunately the features of #BBM is Groups is not up to par with WhatsApp group chat. Don't get me wrong though, BBM Group chat has better features but just that the important features like sharing documents, videos & location is not in yet.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-02-16 04:04 PM
    I have a suggestion; write to the developers of Whatsapp and beg, plead and offer them unbelievable sums of cash to leave their app work on BB10 devices. Writing here serves no purpose, as BlackBerry has no input in their (Whatsapp) decision.

Lol. That would be true.
    But the fact is I'm not the one whining and opening this thread.

Come year end, I'll be moving to whatever android there will be at that time.
    In the meantime, I'm enjoying my Passport as always.

*sheesh... my first post is just a poke of fun to the thread. That's all.
    We all know WhatsApp have already stated their intentions and that will hold as they mentioned before. So no need to whine and complaint on something that's obvious. There's not going to be any change unless there's a miracle and WhatsApp decide to reverse their decision.

09-02-16 05:43 PM
    I started using LG V10 as main device since the time I received this info about Whatsapp.
    From that time, I used PP as my personal device, not for business work. But actually, the work effectiveness from 2 devices are toooooooooooooo different
    Even though I have BB Hub of Android on my LG, it can only be 60% effective if compared to the PP

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 04:37 AM
    Goodbye Whatsapp, don't let the door knob hit you in the azz on your way out... haha... BBM, text or email... all I need...

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 07:26 PM
    Hmm.

BlackBerry Bold 9790 user Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user nd looking up for Porsche soon
    09-23-16 01:34 AM