If, as rumoured the Murcury is being released next year and WhatsApp are pulling the plug Dec 31st arent BB going to lose a shed load of Keyboard fans quarter 1, 2017?
    10-04-16 05:22 AM
    Mercury is kinda on hold right now... they may or may not go forward with it's construction and distribution.

Yes WhatsApp has announced that they will be not supporting BBOS or BB10 phones, as in they will be ending connection to their Servers from those devcies. (Time will tell how that plays out)

Will BlackBerry lose a "shed load" of Keyboard fans.....I expect that those that have not heeded the warnings all year long, will very soon chose to upgrade their phones at that time. And I expect that the "value" of a used BBOS or BB10 phone will go down some, as it will become know of that additional limitation.
    10-04-16 07:44 AM
    You can simply install Android version of Whatsapp on your BB 10 .. it will work even after the original Whatsapp stops working on BB
    10-04-16 07:00 PM
    You can simply install Android version of Whatsapp on your BB 10 .. it will work even after the original Whatsapp stops working on BB
    That may not necessarily be the case. BlackBerry Whatsapp Dev is on record here on CB noting that non-Android BlackBerry devices may be unable to access Whatsapp regardless. Will post link as soon as I can find it again.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 07:41 PM
    That may not necessarily be the case. BlackBerry Whatsapp Dev is on record here on CB noting that non-Android BlackBerry devices may be unable to access Whatsapp regardless. Will post link as soon as I can find it again.

Posted via CB10
    He said nothing of the sort. Only thing we know for sure is WA won't support BB10. Ergo if you get Android WA working like you can do now fine but don't pester WA if a future version doesn't work. People have made their own assumptions based on what he said and by WA is not saying.
    10-04-16 08:10 PM
    He said nothing of the sort. Only thing we know for sure is WA won't support BB10. Ergo if you get Android WA working like you can do now fine but don't pester WA if a future version doesn't work. People have made their own assumptions based on what he said and by WA is not saying.
    Very much correct. Unless whatsapp requires android version other than the bundled one in the OS, I don't see any possibility of them blocking the android one. They don't want to support the outdated bb10 os. This doesn't mean, they have a beef with the brand.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 01:05 AM
    Thanks for your clarification.
    I don't believe that I've posted anything to the contrary and I did make a point of qualifying the unknown (ie...may not...may be unable) regarding WA in non-Android BlackBerry devices.

The Dev has referred to Whatsapps ability to identify platform/app and the potential for a server block after the deprecation date. He has never suggested that would be an absolute and neither have I.

I was, however, attempting to point out to AsimWaqar that the use of an Android app workaround may not necessarily ensure future WA access.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 02:41 AM