Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    06-22-17 02:44 PM

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    I thought the extension only applies to BlackBerry OS 10.
    06-22-17 04:25 PM
    It says all OS 7+ and OS10, really confusing
    06-22-17 04:27 PM
    'According to the latest update to the blog post, BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 can be used until December 31st 2017' this is what they say...
    06-22-17 04:29 PM

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!!
    Not sure if this will work, but last year the Beta version from the WhatsApp site got some BBOS 6 devices working for a while. Give it a shot: https://beta.whatsapp.com/ota/

Try also the last official version: https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

I hope at least one of them helps, cheers.
    robss likes this.
    06-22-17 04:39 PM
    Nothing happened for both ways. Still the same problem... The beta version is the same like the official version, really confusing. Because everywhere it says that OS7+ is WhatsApp also covering like the Blackberry 10 and Android. Don't understand why this one isn't getting WhatsApp....
    06-22-17 04:58 PM
    Nothing happened for both ways. Still the same problem... The beta version is the same like the official version, really confusing. Because everywhere it says that OS7+ is WhatsApp also covering like the Blackberry 10 and Android. Don't understand why this one isn't getting WhatsApp....
    Sorry neither worked, even BB10 devices are having issues when registering to WhatsApp. What has worked is to setup the account first on the Android app and then switch and do the setup on the BB10 one. You could try...

I've seen some claims in the forums that fiddling around with the date and time could work for setting up. But I've honestly never been able to get it to work, WhatsApp always requests to correct the date and time.

Sorry mate, I can't think of another workaround and no longer have a BBOS device to test out.
    06-22-17 05:07 PM
    Yes mate, heard those things too with changing time and date but don't work. But I have a OS 7.1, how can I setup first on the Android app and then on the BB app? I think it isn't possible..

I'ts really rare because if WhatsApp tells by themselfs that it's possible for OS 7+ , why it isn't possible... really dumb
    06-22-17 05:10 PM
    Yes mate, heard those things too with changing time and date but don't work. But I have a OS 7.1, how can I setup first on the Android app and then on the BB app? I think it isn't possible..

I'ts really rare because if WhatsApp tells by themselfs that it's possible for OS 7+ , why it isn't possible... really dumb
    If you also have an Android device, you could try what I mention, otherwise just ignore the suggestion.

Try this thread to ask other Bold users, they might be able to give you more ideas: /blackberry-bold-series-f235/9900-resurgence-popularity-1073999/
    robss likes this.
    06-22-17 05:14 PM
    Hell yeah thanks, will ask them. Hope they will found a way out for this problem. Thanks brother! ������������
    06-22-17 05:19 PM
    just change the date on your BB manually to 2016 - then start whatsapp, register - and it works then change the date back to normal

always install the latest app from whatsapp web page not from app world
    10-15-17 05:12 PM
    just change the date on your BB manually to 2016 - then start whatsapp, register - and it works then change the date back to normal

always install the latest app from whatsapp web page not from app world
    10-15-17 05:12 PM