Many apps downloaded from SNAP do not work as they should or do not work at all. Mainly all google apps - maps, adwords, pages manager, chrome.

Will I be able to log into them and use them as if I were using android?

Also, what adverse effects does this installation (of cobalt play store) have on BB10 and can we revert back to previous BB10 configuration?
    06-29-16 06:53 AM
    Cobalt's solution still works.... If you don't have SNAP installed, you probably aren't going to be able to install it anyway. Cobalt's Play Store does have better compatibility than SNAP did (but not 100% - maybe 85%), the real key is Cobalt additionally has instructions for patching many (not all) of the apps that don't work.

Cobalt's solution is kind of like an "emulator" that allows a non-google approved device to connect to the Play Store. It doesn't change your BB10 configuration.
    Cobalt's solution still works.... If you don't have SNAP installed, you probably aren't going to be able to install it anyway. Cobalt's Play Store does have better compatibility than SNAP did (but not 100% - maybe 85%), the real key is Cobalt additionally has instructions for patching many (not all) of the apps that don't work.

Cobalt's solution is kind of like an "emulator" that allows a non-google approved device to connect to the Play Store. It doesn't change your BB10 configuration.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-29-16 07:10 AM
    Many apps downloaded from SNAP do not work as they should or do not work at all. Mainly all google apps - maps, adwords, pages manager, chrome.

Will I be able to log into them and use them as if I were using android?

Also, what adverse effects does this installation (of cobalt play store) have on BB10 and can we revert back to previous BB10 configuration?
    DDD is right, for the moment its Cobalt's or nothing, if you updated your SNAP before the security update with Google than it works ok. If you did not you can no longer update as the security key is no longer recognized. The interesting thing about SNAP versus Cobalt is while a few apps work better with his others worked better with SNAP. I have ADT and when loaded from SNAP its fine, when loaded with Cobalt's it asked for Google play store so I had to patch it...go figure. If you do go with Cobalts work, please donate if you can the hours spent for free must have been amazing.

WOOF!
    06-29-16 07:16 AM
    DDD is right, for the moment its Cobalt's or nothing, if you updated your SNAP before the security update with Google than it works ok. If you did not you can no longer update as the security key is no longer recognized. The interesting thing about SNAP versus Cobalt is while a few apps work better with his others worked better with SNAP. I have ADT and when loaded from SNAP its fine, when loaded with Cobalt's it asked for Google play store so I had to patch it...go figure. If you do go with Cobalts work, please donate if you can the hours spent for free must have been amazing.

WOOF!
    What about 1mobil market? Is this recommended?

TriniPassportSE - don't come for me unless I sent for you!! BB4Life
    06-29-16 11:01 PM

Why use some Chinese knockoff when you can get the actual Play Store?
    06-29-16 11:04 PM

This should answer your question:

http://www.malware-traffic-analysis..../13/index.html

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    06-29-16 11:04 PM
    Why use some Chinese knockoff when you can get the actual Play Store?
    Hmmm, I had the play store downloaded however I kept getting error messages with some of the apps. Also, kept asking for Google services.

06-29-16 11:05 PM
    This should answer your question:

http://www.malware-traffic-analysis..../13/index.html

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Oh MY!!! Thanks for the info. Deleting nowwwwwwww

As for the colbalt playstore, how do I get the Google services error notification to go away?

06-29-16 11:10 PM
    Oh MY!!! Thanks for the info. Deleting nowwwwwwww

As for the colbalt playstore, how do I get the Google services error notification to go away?

You patch any app that requires those services using Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    06-30-16 06:22 AM
    You patch any app that requires those services using Cobalt's Play Services Patcher on your PC.
    Thanks. I did check out the forums lastnight and found this information. Thanks again

06-30-16 06:24 AM