I moved up to a smart phone 2+ years ago and learned to hate my iPhone, especially when the power button croaked at the 5 month mark (I dealt with it wtih assistive touch) and then again when they screwed up the 4s (which worked fine in IOS 6) by forcing me to upgrade to iOS 7 when they replaced the phone (because of the battery croaking in addition to the defunct power button. The 4s hasn't worked properly since - dropped calls even with four and five bars during interviews, for crying out loud. I'm so into BB as the solution to having a reliable work tool. I need my phone for work purposes, not as a toy (although my work can be considered my play) & it was a BB that saved my bacon in Kenya last summer - it was the mobile phone in that remote location that got a signal AND it has a removable card and its owner had a reader so we were able to get the deadline stories from my laptop to the phone and emailed back to the US. I'm tired of a toy phone. I really covet this gorgeous workhorse... and I gotta have the Passport, but AT&T is the only US provider. Where are you all getting service for the open unlocked phones you are buying from blackberry, amazon, etc? I am so ready for BB that when I broke down about getting a tablet, I bought a nearly new Playbook on ebay - wow, what craftsmanship. I'm new, for sure, but I got heart and enthusiasm for BB... anyone have any suggestions?
    10-08-14 03:13 PM
    ATT, T-Mobile, any if the regional gsm providers should work fine. It's really just Verizon that won't work as there's currently no cdma passport.

Posted via CB10
    ATT, T-Mobile, any if the regional gsm providers should work fine. It's really just Verizon that won't work as there's currently no cdma passport.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-08-14 03:15 PM

Posted via CB10

No Sprint, US Cellular, Boost or Virgin Mobile US either. Those are all CDMA carriers or CDMA MVNOs.
    10-08-14 04:12 PM