Hello, So...... its time for a phone upgrade. I want all the fun stuff, vine, instagram. whatsap and more. I am thinking iphone...but keep hearing bad things about it. maybe Samsung is better. or screw it all I kinda want the black berry classic! mm hmm yape, but.... can it do allll that an I phone can??? PLEASE HELP!!
    01-25-15 10:38 AM
    Can it do all the things the iPhone can? Can the iPhone do all the things the classic can?

Depends on what you want it to do. The iPhone is a nice phone, and from my experience has the best/most apps. Android is intriguing to me, lots of customization and implementation of Google services which makes it cool (some would rather be without google) and Android phones, on a whole, are the higher spec'd devices. The Classic feels great in your hand, I've read that battery life is pretty good, but the specs are a couple years behind I think. But the HUB and flow of BB10 are what I like.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 10:42 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB. I don't use those apps but I see people do. Might not be as polished as other platforms and I think you need to sideload snap to get them. Do a search and you should find threads on it. Good luck no matter what you choose.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-25-15 at 10:43 AM. Reason: auto
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-25-15 10:42 AM
    Sounds like you are already sold on an iPhone. If so make sure you get AT LEAST the one with 32 gb or it won't be enough. AND you'll need a battery pack as well. Have fun.

I don't see you as being in any way serious about a Classic.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 01-25-15 at 08:51 PM.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-25-15 10:45 AM
    a Blackberry Z30 should do everything you want and yes you can install instragram and vine because now you can install Google playstore on the BB10 OS to get all the apps that are not yet on the BB World directly

...the 16:9 ratio of the Z30 is going to give you the same gaming and video experience an iphone or android device will give you
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    01-25-15 10:52 AM
    a Blackberry Z30 should do everything you want and yes you can install instragram and vine because now you can install Google playstore on the BB10 OS to get all the apps that are not yet on the BB World directly

...the 16:9 ratio of the Z30 is going to give you the same gaming and video experience an iphone or android device will give you
    Totally agree.

01-25-15 12:58 PM
    If your top priority is all the latest apps and in their most feature rich mature forms, I'd say iPhone.

Apple has had a huge quarter with the release of the 6. So expect support for it to only get better.

I don't use iPhones. But your summary sounds like that's what you'd be looking for.
    01-25-15 01:01 PM
    Go get your iPhone and enjoy being exploited by Apple.

Oh but they will make you feel really special as they suck you dry and snoop all your private information.

Last edited by LoneStarRed; 01-25-15 at 08:50 PM.
    01-25-15 05:06 PM
    Based on your needs, get the iPhone. You'll just end up frustrated with BB10 devices... Too many workarounds to load your favorite apps.

Posted from a D618
    01-25-15 05:24 PM
    Can it do all the things the iPhone can? Can the iPhone do all the things the classic can?

That is the CORRECT question!

Posted via CB10

01-25-15 08:53 PM
    What is your budget and which carrier are you with?

If you want all of the fun stuff, the Classic may not be the best choice. I personally don't like Apple products simply because of their walled garden approach. I've never owned a Apple product and I doubt that will ever change. Just the proprietary charging cable is enough to keep me from using a iPhone.

If you want an Android device on a GSM carrier, go with the OnePlus One. It is unbeatable for the price. Sadly, it is still only available via invite, but I actually have an invite for either a 64 or 16gb OPO. If ya want it, just let me know.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    01-25-15 09:01 PM
    I have the z10 and it does it all. I can also get all the apps iPhone can.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:36 PM
    I have the z10 and it does it all. I can also get all the apps iPhone can.

Posted via CB10
    No you can't. Some of those apps are proprietary only to the Apple ecosystem. Stop spreading mis-information.

That said, the OP should go ahead with the iPhone. The loaded post is a dead giveaway.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    01-25-15 10:30 PM