Hi guys, I live and work downtown Toronto and thinking about switching from Rogers to wind...their plans look ridiculous cheap. Just wanted to hear people's thoughts and expire nice regarding the company and their services

Posted via CB10 on my white Z30
    12-04-14 08:16 AM
    Since you both live and work downtown you'll be exempt from the problem that most people have (unless you have a cottage or something) which is that they only have coverage in the cities themselves. That's not to say the phone won't work outside the city, but it's no longer included in your price plan.. they advertise great plans like the 39 dollar unlimited US and Canada which is truly unlimited in a wind zone and in the US for some reason, but head north of Major MacKenzie and you're paying by the minute to roam on Rogers!

Another thing to keep in mind is your current phone won't work. Unlocked or otherwise you need to buy a new phone that works on the AWS spectrum.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly is no LTE. Data services might be unlimited, but they are sllllllloooowwww!

If none of the above is a factor for you then have at it. They sure are cheap!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:06 AM
    Hi guys, I live and work downtown Toronto and thinking about switching from Rogers to wind...their plans look ridiculous cheap. Just wanted to hear people's thoughts and expire nice regarding the company and their services

Their plans are cheap for a numerous reasons:
    Poor phone line customer service! Hold times are frequent & often due to poorly trained staff asking floor waljers/supervisors for help.

Too often office buildings along Brookfield area kills signals from Winds' towers as poor infrastructure by that provider. If you cannot use their services as often as you need to (HSPA+ data or voice calls), then what's the point of having cheap rates.

As the saying goes, and rightfully applied to Wind... 'you get what you pay for'.

Z10 on Wind Mobile since it's launch for almost a full year. 200 Front Street, 100 King, 330 Bay street, KPMG and Trump buildings on Adelaide. Wind was horrible by elevators, hallways entire floors.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-04-14 09:11 AM
    Perfect! Thanks for your input guys. I will stick with Rogers for the time being

Cheers!

12-04-14 11:00 AM