I'm not regular poster on forum but read it quite bit and see so many passionate BB fans.

I would ask what incentive will there be for BB OS owners to purchase Blackberry Mercury?

I suggest existing BB OS owners should be receiving some sort of discount above and beyond what the standard retail price will be.

Pie in the sky that might be given commercial realities and where Blackberry is currently at - but gee a lot of people have been passionate supporters of BB, the devices, and the OS.

I'm very late to BB story having only had a Blackberry Passport and it's fantastic device. Superb hardware. But reality is the drop off support in BB OS and preference to have functionality in apps (Android/IOS) in preference to websites makes it hard to continue.

Just my view but hopefully something Blackberry might entertain.
    02-19-17 03:28 AM
    The only incentive will be the Google. Take it or leave it. Perhaps a nice introductory price, but it'll be for everyone, not just BlackBerry users. They should have incentives for non-bb users as most of us will be jumping on it anyways.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 03:32 AM
    It's a sad day when people feel entitled to "incentives" to purchase a device they are already interested in.

Posted via CB10
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-19-17 04:11 AM
    I do understand that's it not been standard approach for phone manufacturers - but think BB is in different position.

Here in Australia I signed up for new internet contact contract over weekend and requested/given reduction based on standard offer on basis of being existing customer. I don't think requesting or getting something for loyalty when you're consumer is out of question.

Cheers for responses.
    02-19-17 04:33 AM
    That would be up to TCL, as BlackBerry is no longer selling phones. They have to do something to market the brand, and we will see soon enough just what their plans are for distribution.
    02-19-17 04:45 AM
    I do understand that's it not been standard approach for phone manufacturers - but think BB is in different position.

Here in Australia I signed up for new internet contact contract over weekend and requested/given reduction based on standard offer on basis of being existing customer. I don't think requesting or getting something for loyalty when you're consumer is out of question.

Cheers for responses.
    You don't seem to understand how and why companies give those types of incentives to customers. Your Internet provider has a much easier time giving you a reduction because what they offer is a service that they charge you monthly for; it is nothing like selling you a device for a one time only fee. Your Internet provider can make up the cost by you continuing to pay a monthly service fee; something that Blackberry can not do on a device, something they could do in the past using BIS which is no longer required on BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:25 AM
    If you buy a Mercury, you get a phone with a keyboard. If you like PKBs then that's a big incentive.
    02-19-17 09:17 AM
    That it has a physical keyboard is incentive enough for those still on the legacy platforms.
    howarmat likes this.
    02-19-17 09:24 AM
    I'm not regular poster on forum but read it quite bit and see so many passionate BB fans.

I would ask what incentive will there be for BB OS owners to purchase Blackberry Mercury?

I suggest existing BB OS owners should be receiving some sort of discount above and beyond what the standard retail price will be.

Pie in the sky that might be given commercial realities and where Blackberry is currently at - but gee a lot of people have been passionate supporters of BB, the devices, and the OS.

I'm very late to BB story having only had a Blackberry Passport and it's fantastic device. Superb hardware. But reality is the drop off support in BB OS and preference to have functionality in apps (Android/IOS) in preference to websites makes it hard to continue.

Just my view but hopefully something Blackberry might entertain.
    I will definitively say that there will be zero discounts offered for present or past BlackBerry owners.

Posted with my  Classic
    02-19-17 06:36 PM