To battle the whole BlackBerry stereotype/neg brand name/image problem, perhaps the BlackBerry name should be removed from devices. Maybe "Powered by BlackBerry" but with a different name like QNX or HyperTech (made up) or one of the other names from one of the other companies they've acquired...let the name BlackBerry fade into the background silently/discretely. Any thoughts?
    07-13-15 01:56 PM
    What is QNX?
    07-13-15 02:00 PM
    I thought it was a terrible idea to change the company name from RIM to BlackBerry, but hey, I'm just me. The name BlackBerry just has such a negative connotation in the USA so changing it to anything else would help.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-13-15 02:04 PM
    I thought it was a terrible idea to change the company name from RIM to BlackBerry, but hey, I'm just me. The name BlackBerry just has such a negative connotation in the USA so changing it to anything else would help.
    Agree, especially now that hardware is most likely something that will only be a small portion of what they do.... if they even continue doing it.

But to be honest... QNX might be a better name for the Company. As I think without QNX there wouldn't even be a BlackBerry today - then again without QNX they might have gone the Android route three years ago and be a household name...

But the hardware.... at this point it doesn't matter what the name is, it is the product and what it can't do that is the really roadblock to sales. Along with the companies finical issue that make it a bad choice for any CIO or CFO that is doing a comparison of what mobile platforms to go with. To be honest I bet this whole Android rumor and lack of response, has many Enterprise customers that "might" have been looking to deploy the Classic or the Leap...holding off to see if there will even be a BlackBerry platform.
    07-13-15 02:29 PM
    I think it was a very bad idea to name the new OS BB10, but changing it now won't do much good.
    07-13-15 02:54 PM
    Removing the name from the phone would allow for bigger screens on those with keyboards. It's a win/win!
    07-13-15 03:51 PM