Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me pls?
    My confusion is, my last two phones have been BB (latest one 9320), which I love but I always find it can let me down when I need it most, e.g. * Trying to download bus app for timetable (which you need an android for) and GPS when you're out and about. It always seems that its not compatible with OS system.
    My dilemma is that I'm looking to purchase a new phone but I'm not sure weather to stick with BB or go with a android (samsung galaxy), as I don't full understand the difference between android and OS systems (apart from OS is better security).* Am I able to download these android apps to my BB or perhaps I'm using the BB incorrectly. I'm from Ireland + there doesn't seem to be a BB store that I can ask anyone nor check out the latest BB phones, V frustrating.

Many thanks for your time.
    Pls help..
    S.
    10-22-14 05:02 PM
    BlackBerry OS (found on Curves and Bolds) is outdated and can only run apps coded for it.

BlackBerry 10 can run apps coded for it AND Android apps (provided they don't rely on Google Services too much).

I suggest you get a Z10 or Q10 (Z30 is you have the $$). All the benefits from a BB (security and productivity focus) and the gizmos of Android.

What is the difference between BB OS and Android?-176663-blackberryz10desk.jpg
    Z10

What is the difference between BB OS and Android?-img_4622.jpg
    Q10

What is the difference between BB OS and Android?-z30-notificaciones.jpg
    Z30

What is the difference between BB OS and Android?-maxresdefault.jpg
    Q5
    shazgreenhalgh likes this.
    10-22-14 05:07 PM
    Downloading apps for android on BB10 ( including the Passport ) is very simple.
    You get them through Amazon , Snap or 1Mobile.

Of course you can also get BB10 apps from BBworld.
    10-22-14 07:48 PM
    You don't even need to install an android app for bus times. There are good ones in app world .

Posted with my z10 stl100-2 running 10.3.1.938
    10-22-14 09:44 PM
    Thanks, I just assumed u did as its a real time bus information and always says the say thing that my phone is not compatible. That amongst other android apps
    10-23-14 09:58 AM
    Thanks, is that the same case with the new passport , Porsche and the classis phone + does it make it difficult to download androids apps?
    10-23-14 10:06 AM
    Thanks, is that the same case with the new passport , Porsche and the classis phone + does it make it difficult to download androids apps?
    They are all BlackBerry 10 devices. So it's all easy to install android apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 10:12 AM
    Even though the app isn't available for the device , can't you access the info through a website ?

I have bookmarks setup for pages that I use.
    ( one of them is for bus routes / schedules )

This is the case for the Bold.

On the Z10 , the android app is there and works.
    10-23-14 10:12 AM
    They are all BlackBerry 10 devices. So it's all easy to install android apps.

Posted via CB10
    All but ugly boy

What is the difference between BB OS and Android?-7d81d948e192f66f13c0a5b9845c6bdc.jpg

OP, your Curve runs a different OS than the newer BlackBerry devices. Don't use it as reference. BlackBerry 10 is a whole new ballgame. And one you really should be joining.

If you want to go in cheap, Z3 (if available), and Q5.
    If you want a mid range device, Z10.
    If you need a keyboard, Q10.
    If you got the bucks, Z30.
    If you want the latest, Passport and Classic.
    shazgreenhalgh and todparsons like this.
    10-23-14 10:15 AM
    That's gas, is ugly boy that bad...! As you can probably gather I'm old school and I prefer buttons to touch phones (it drives me mad when I'm txting and I hit 2 letter at once with my fingers + I don't have fat fingers ) Thanks for your help + explaining, you're right I was comparing it to what I have.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-23-14 10:34 AM