My BlackBerry Q5 is jammed. I am trying to do a hard re-set, but when I press the settings button, it simply talks to me and says “Settings button” but then it does nothing. I can swipe up, and swipe down (occasionally), but I can't do a hard reset. I have tried doing a re-set by pressing the up-and-down switch, and that does a reset, but it then comes back the same as before: whenever I press anything, the voice simply tells me the name of the button I am pressing. So what the heck is happening?

Andrew Selkirk
    Last edited by pkcable; 05-20-15 at 09:54 AM. Reason: email not allow to be posted
    05-20-15 08:37 AM
    Sounds like you have some sort of assistive setting enabled. To access the assistive settings swipe down, then select Accessibility. Although I didn't find anything that appeared to be anything that would cause your symptom. So try getting and using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert, which is a diagnostic tool, to help you determine if something is physically wrong with the device....

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/27226887
    Sounds like you have some sort of assistive setting enabled. To access the assistive settings swipe down, then select Accessibility. Although I didn't find anything that appeared to be anything that would cause your symptom. So try getting and using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert, which is a diagnostic tool, to help you determine if something is physically wrong with the device....

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/27226887
    AndrewSelkirk likes this.
    05-20-15 10:00 AM
    Try pressing the power button three times in quick succession.

Sounds like you have some sort of assistive setting enabled. To access the assistive settings swipe down, then select Accessibility.
    Almost certainly the - still in beta and not bug free - screen reader.
    05-20-15 10:25 AM
    You're a genius!
    Three presses cured all, and it now works - silently!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-20-15 01:15 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    The three quick presses of the power buitton worked, so all is now well.
    I have installed the virtual expert and it seems that my machine passes all tests!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-20-15 03:15 PM
    Great stuff. If you have any more issues, CB is always the first port of call.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-20-15 03:27 PM