Hi - I think the questions says it all. I have 2 playbooks which I haven't used in a couple of years - but at the same time I don't want to trash away.
    So any idea about how I might be able to utilize it? I am open to any suggestions with possible live examples at home or work.
    09-20-15 06:14 AM
    Hey,

A friend gave me his Playbook because he dont need it anymore and Im trying to figure out what to do with it.

My first experiences are:
    - it is damn slow! everything you try to do is slow. launch an app: slow! browse app world: slow! internet: really slow!!!!
    - multitasking is pretty good. switching between running apps is fast and very fluid
    - watching videos is nice! I watched a whole Sopranos season on it.
    - podcasts with antennapod is ... lets say: ok
    - sound is very loud and good

So what to do with it?
    I think I will use it a while for watching videos and listening to music at home. unfortunatly things like netflix or spotify arent working. so i loaded a lot of music on the playbook and installed emby (former mediabrowser) on my computer to stream movies and tv episodes. I dont think that there will be more use for the playbook. my passport handles every other task way better and faster.

My advice:
    get emby (Link), install it to your pc; put one playbook next to your bathtub and one in your kitchen and enjoy movie streaming while taking a bath or cook you dinner.
    atlac likes this.
    09-20-15 06:37 AM
    I would say the same thing Multimedia Center, pair it with a nice Bluetooth Speakers.

Can you not use Spotify from the Browser?
    09-20-15 06:52 AM
    I bought 2 64 GB playbooks on ebay for my two young kids (for less than $100 each). I loaded one up with 20+ movies and any games I could find on bbworld, then backed up and restored on the other so they would be identical. Far better than the kids tablets on the market that charge $25 / game with less capability.

Option 1: good for movies

Option 2: also good for kids

Option 3: sell on ebay

Good luck!

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30 -> Classic)
    09-20-15 07:01 AM
    I would say the same thing Multimedia Center, pair it with a nice Bluetooth Speakers.

Can you not use Spotify from the Browser?
    I tried it with 3 different browsers. The native one, Origami and Dolphin and couldnt get it running.
    09-20-15 07:07 AM
    I have one, I installed music on it, downloaded a Pandora player and Nobex Radio. Now it sits on its charging dock most of the time connected to my stero via bluetooth. When people are over or I want to jam I just pick it up and let it go.

We had a party for Labor day a few weeks ago I just set it on the table and people took turns changing songs and stations all day. They loved it and thought the thing was some new BlackBerry Tablet "thingy" as they put it. They all laughed when I told them it was over 5 years old.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:30 AM