I bought a second hand passport today. What can I check to makse sure that there is no problem? And at first, screen seemed very clear, no scratches or anything. But if you look carefully, after touching a wet cloth, there is a 2mm squared scratch. Do you think this is a big deal? It is very hard to see it but it is not so small.
    08-07-15 06:30 AM
    A surface scratch may not be a big deal but it's up to you if it's acceptable cosmetically. I would rather research the origins of this phone--was this the original buyer who sold it to you? Was it originally bought from a carrier? Has it been paid off?
    08-07-15 01:28 PM
    I bought it from a local ebay-type website, from the phone's owner. I still have a chance to send it back. The phone's been used just for two weeks. It passed the self test, apparently there is no problem, except the scatch.
    08-07-15 05:43 PM
    I bought it from a local ebay-type website, from the phone's owner. I still have a chance to send it back. The phone's been used just for two weeks. It passed the self test, apparently there is no problem, except the scatch.
    If you're in Canada, you can check if there has already been a report on the IMEI: Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself.

I would ask the owner in writing about the history of the phone. Used phone purchases are always risky, but there are things you can do to protect yourself.
    08-07-15 08:38 PM
    OP: It interesting that you are expressing this concern after you purchased the used unit.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 08:42 PM
    BB Adict; no, It is not interesting because the seller did not told me about it. I saw it after purchasing, that's why I am asking this.

raino; thank you for your answer. He said that he did not even know the scratch. (Maybe he is lying). He said he's used the phone only for few days, he said. For the rest, the phone is flawless.
    08-08-15 10:26 AM
    What Raino is getting at, of course, is... if the phone was purchased from a carrier and not paid off, it can be blocked on carriers. It would be the same as buying a stolen phone.
    raino likes this.
    08-08-15 10:55 AM
    No, here there is no option for that. Everyone buys the phone independent from the carrier. Only, it could be stolen but it's not, I've checked.
    08-08-15 11:02 AM
    Download BBVE if it's not in your device. And then run test.
    It should show you if the hardware or software has problems.

SECURED to the CORE RedBerryan PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 from Malaysia
    08-08-15 11:13 AM
    jafrul; Yes it has BBVE and it passed all the tests.

But I have another question, the amazon app store is in Spanish, I am not from Spain. My current adress and country setting is set as America in Amazon kindle settings. But whatever I do, I cannot change the language. What can I do?
    08-09-15 09:34 AM