I've searched online and there are very few results regarding mobile security apps for BlackBerry. I used Lookout in the past for Android, which worked very well, but I need to find a great app of equal or better quality for my planned purchase of the Passport. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    08-27-14 07:31 AM
    Secure AntiVirus Pro
    BKSondagar likes this.
    08-27-14 07:50 AM
    I also use secure Antivirus pro, that's awesome.
    11-08-14 07:02 AM
    I use max secure (paid) is it real?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:24 AM
    I use max secure (paid) is it real?

Posted via CB10
    Both Secure Antivirus and Max Secure are real(as in they will check for known BB10 viruses, there are none, and they will also check for android viruses), the developer of Secure Antivirus does say that since there aren't any known BB10 viruses using an antivirus is not necessary, I guess it's more a convenience than a need.

If you wanna purchase one of them, go for Secure Antivirus.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 07:57 AM
    I own one of the largest security testing labs in the world and we are also the world's largest supplier of malicious binaries and URLs.

We tested Max Mobile Security and it failed to detect any malicious windows binaries or malicious APK files - 0%!

We also tested Secure Antivirus Pro and it did detect many of the samples, both windows and Android malware.

We contacted Max Mobile to discuss supplying them with our malware feed but they never pursued the offer. You can draw your own conclusions from this!

We contacted Secure Antivirus Pro and they were very interested in accessing our malware feed.

We were impressed that this small vendor was so keen that we gave them access to our feed for free - to help them protect their users better.

Our feed is used by the majority of security vendors and other testing labs - for instance, Neil Rubenking from PC Mag uses our URL feed in all his tests.

What I find annoying is that people rate these products in the BlackBerry store, saying that they are great, give them five star ratings etc.

How the hell do they know if the product is good or bad unless they have experience in Efficacy Assessment and the supply of malware required to test? It's a Joke!

We will be conducting mobile security tests and publishing the results next year.

We will be sure to include Max Mobile, just to see if they can improve from detecting 0% in our tests!

Cheers,

Chris.

PS. In case the Max Mobile Security vendor is reading, vendors who snub us and don't reply to our kind offers of support receive a lifetime ban from access to our services.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:49 PM
    Secure Antivirus Pro stopped my phone from being able to index and preview newly taken pictures and videos on my SD card.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 03:45 PM
    Unless you're downloading from alternate app stores or sites there is no need for av on a bb. That's my opinion anyway.
    01-25-15 03:59 PM
    Unless you're downloading from alternate app stores or sites there is no need for av on a bb. That's my opinion anyway.
    Correct, AV apps are just scams that sell you fear. BlackBerry protect is the only anti theft app you need along with picture password.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-26-15 06:13 AM
    Correct, AV apps are just scams that sell you fear. BlackBerry protect is the only anti theft app you need along with picture password.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Not anit-theft...anti-virus.

My phone had a bizarre incident March 4th 2015. I was sent a text with photo attached.... immediately my Z10 froze up (Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1154). I had to remove the battery and I re-downloaded Max Mobile Security. It detected a virus (first time ever) so I opened the virus and tapped the trash can icon. Later I re-scanned and found the same virus which was named "Copycat".

I'm not suggesting that this is 100% accurate but this is the screen shot.

Attachment 339055

As for now I will keep this app on my phone. Also the pic that was texted to me came from an android user and the pic automatically downloaded to my photo gallery...usually I have to hold down to download. I will also use AntiVirus Pro to do some testing on my own.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:19 AM
    Well, that's got me thinking.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-06-15 02:41 PM
    It most likely wasn't a BlackBerry specific app. I guess the worry would be if you transferred the file to your PC.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 04:16 PM
    In all our testing, Max Mobile has detected nothing. We are the world's largest provider of malware and the largest security testing lab in the online banking and exploit space. Max mobile has never, ever detected a single malicious APK or any other malicious file in any of our tests.

With 10.3.1 you don't need an antivirus - particularly not one this one!

We will be publishing tests this year on a range of security products later this year for Android, windows mobile and BlackBerry and will expose and shame all the fraudsters at AMTSO and all other industry meetings to have them shut down.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    03-29-15 01:39 AM
    My vote is for secure Antivirus Pro. I am using it and its performance is quite good.
    03-29-15 01:55 AM
    My vote is for secure Antivirus Pro. I am using it and its performance is quite good.
    But how do you really know?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:52 AM
    In all our testing, Max Mobile has detected nothing. We are the world's largest provider of malware and the largest security testing lab in the online banking and exploit space. Max mobile has never, ever detected a single malicious APK or any other malicious file in any of our tests.

With 10.3.1 you don't need an antivirus - particularly not one this one!

We will be publishing tests this year on a range of security products later this year for Android, windows mobile and BlackBerry and will expose and shame all the fraudsters at AMTSO and all other industry meetings to have them shut down.

Posted via CB10
    In both posts you have made stating the ineffectiveness of Max Mobile, you failed to state your company's name. Can you tell us what company you own so we can Google it and confirm what you're saying (that the company exists and that you are, in fact, the owner).

I tend to not take things at face value from people I don't know on the internet.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    03-29-15 07:59 AM
    In both posts you have made stating the ineffectiveness of Max Mobile, you failed to state your company's name. Can you tell us what company you own so we can Google it and confirm what you're saying (that the company exists and that you are, in fact, the owner).

I tend to not take things at face value from people I don't know on the internet.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    www.mrg-effitas.com we are the No. 1 provider of efficacy assessments in the online banking, browser security anti financial fraud spaces. We are the world's largest supplier of malicious binaries and URLS. We work with pretty much every security vendor, including IBM (their Trusteer section)' Kaspersky, Trend, Webroot, McAfee, Avast etc etc.

We supply our malware feeds (several hundred thousand unique malicious binaries, including apks) to nearly all the security vendors and other testing labs - check out Neil Rubenking and his tests on PCMAG, you will see he cites the fact he uses our feed to conduct his tests. You can Google my company name and IBM softlayer to find videos of me, or Google BBC click man in the browser to see a programme the BBC did on our work.

With 10.3.1 you can set it so it scans APKS on install using the Trend engine, so you don't need anything else.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:40 PM
    Max security works. I just bought the version for $9.99. And it detected a lot. And this is from download countless android apps from the snap store and the amazon app store.
    What are the best security/anti-virus/theft apps for BlackBerry?-img_20150423_100059.png
    What are the best security/anti-virus/theft apps for BlackBerry?-img_20150422_225859.png

BBM: 2BE320B5 CHANNEL: C00121E43
    04-23-15 09:05 AM
    I own one of the largest security testing labs in the world and we are also the world's largest supplier of malicious binaries and URLs.

We tested Max Mobile Security and it failed to detect any malicious windows binaries or malicious APK files - 0%!

We also tested Secure Antivirus Pro and it did detect many of the samples, both windows and Android malware.

We contacted Max Mobile to discuss supplying them with our malware feed but they never pursued the offer. You can draw your own conclusions from this!

We contacted Secure Antivirus Pro and they were very interested in accessing our malware feed.

We were impressed that this small vendor was so keen that we gave them access to our feed for free - to help them protect their users better.

Our feed is used by the majority of security vendors and other testing labs - for instance, Neil Rubenking from PC Mag uses our URL feed in all his tests.

What I find annoying is that people rate these products in the BlackBerry store, saying that they are great, give them five star ratings etc.

How the hell do they know if the product is good or bad unless they have experience in Efficacy Assessment and the supply of malware required to test? It's a Joke!

We will be conducting mobile security tests and publishing the results next year.

We will be sure to include Max Mobile, just to see if they can improve from detecting 0% in our tests!

Cheers,

Chris.

PS. In case the Max Mobile Security vendor is reading, vendors who snub us and don't reply to our kind offers of support receive a lifetime ban from access to our services.

Posted via CB10
    Where is this largest security testing lab in the world run from? Your basement? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:02 AM
    Where is this largest security testing lab in the world run from? Your basement? Lol!

Posted via CB10
    We are based at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London (See below). Please feel free to do a company check to verify this.

What are the best security/anti-virus/theft apps for BlackBerry?-canary_wharf_1_canada_square.png

Nice isn't it!

Also, don't twist my words, I said we are the largest supplier of malicious binaries, URLS and APKS in the world and the No. 1 provider of efficacy assessments in the anti-financial fraud space.

We are also members of AMTSO, and if you don't know what that is, it shows you are not a security professional and have no understanding of the security assessment business, nor any knowledge of providing or commenting on assessments or tests.

You are clearly nave or mentally ill so I won't bother replying to your worthless posts. (Your name says it all)

The product in question is, according to our tests, unable to detect ANY malicious APKS.

The latest version of BlackBerry 10.3 has the ability to scan APKS using Trend Micro technology (one of our clients) thus making any third party app redundant.

Please feel free to check out the basement of our HQ, (perhaps you work down there already) never seen it myself as I work on floor 37.

Cheers,

Chris.

PS, forgot to say "LOL"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ChrisBP; 05-23-15 at 06:39 PM.
    05-22-15 10:53 PM