atm i'm weighing up the Classic since BB10 is the only OS besides iOS that is acceptable in this company, but I'd like to know what are the other options in the market?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 03:01 PM
    Ummm...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Classic-Device-Camera.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	419791

What exactly do you mean by "non-camera"? As in a device where the camera would not be considered one of its selling points? It's pretty difficult to find a phone without a camera in it these days. Pretty much since phones have had colour displays, they've had cameras built into them. If you mean a decent phone with a lackluster camera, then you pretty much can't go wrong with any of the BB10 devices.

If you really mean a phone that is just a phone and not a camera, I'd recommend one of these:

Name:	nokia-5110-rm-eng.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	419792

Great battery, very tough, and great for gaming! Also has T9 predictive text!
    03-19-17 03:14 PM
    not sure if troll or ignorant lol sorry but there's a non-camera BlackBerry Classic launched for Verizon last year I guess

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 03:23 PM

Name:	blackberry-classic-no-1.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	419796

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 03:27 PM
    not sure if troll or ignorant lol sorry but there's a non-camera BlackBerry Classic launched for Verizon last year I guess

Posted via CB10
    No Sir, not a troll. And I prefer "imbecile" over "ignorant" but apology accepted anyway.

And, I am aware that there are some camera-free variants... just not that they were readily available (or sought after).

Aside from "not having a camera" what do you need your device to do? And wouldn't it be possible to modify most devices to remove the camera? Or is it more of an aesthetic thing?

I just don't understand the objective so I tried to make some fun by bringing up the nostalgic Nokia which DOES, in fact, meet the only criteria you've provided thus far...
    03-19-17 06:27 PM
    It's possible the OP works in a facility that doesn't allow cameras or other video recording devices and is looking for a phone they can use that meets that criteria and still gives them some modern functionality.

I've been to several facilities with rules like that in my field service and consulting days: many factories, prisons, and other businesses that deal with sensitive information may not allow a phone with a camera to go into the building, or in specific areas.

OP: if you're looking for a work phone, does your company use BES? If so, there is a policy that will disable the camera on a standard handset, but that still leaves you with the burden to show that the handset is under that policy. Other than the Classic variant with no camera, there's no other handset I know of that's been released without a camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 07:34 PM
    Wouldn't it be easier just to buy any flagship smartphone you wanted and then use a permanent black ink marker to black out all camera lens? Assuming you never want any camera functioning?

I have seen some bold 99s for sale on ebay with camera disabled. These were former enterprise work phones.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    03-19-17 08:54 PM
    03-19-17 09:03 PM