So, I dropped the device in the toilet. Fished it out in less than 10 seconds, dried it and turned it off. Then turned it on, charged it, (yes, first mistake) and it worked for about 30 minutes. Then, unsurprisingly it went blank. I left it in a bowl of rice for a few hours, then I cleaned it out slightly and put in a new battery (2 days later). It worked for a day and half, then it just went blank again. I then put it in 99% isopropyl alcohol for two hours, then left it to dry for a day.
    Now, should I wait on it and try again? Or is it best to leave it for dead?
    12-03-14 03:04 AM
    At this point it's probably toast. Shame, cause if you'd left it in rice for 3 days from the start, it sounds like you'd have been fine.

Stick in rice for 48hrs, just for craps and giggles. You never know.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-03-14 06:25 AM
    guys when you leave your phone in Rice, do you actually open the phone up? uncrewed?
    12-03-14 06:36 AM
    The more you can take it apart, the better, but don't spend hour trying to disassemble the whole thing either. Pulling the back off and taking the battery, SIM and SD out is enough.
    12-03-14 07:12 AM
    I suggest to put it in direct sunlight, open the battery cover, remove the battery and put your device face down

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:22 AM
    I suggest to put it in direct sunlight, open the battery cover, remove the battery and put your device face down

Posted via CB10
    As a general rule, that's not nearly enough. Best practice is either 3 days in rice sealed, or full disassembly and dunked in denatured alcohol.
    12-03-14 07:27 AM
    I got the rice part because I know that worked with my mother I was shocked but it really work. But the alcohol though I don't trust that it's liquid after all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-04-14 12:00 PM