Is there a normal way to turn on vpn on my BlackBerry phone?

Blackberry Passport Latest OS

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 10:46 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.
    If you need anything, please reach out to me.
    In the mean time please take sometime and familiarize yourself with our Community Rules and Guidelines. Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanks and again glad to have you here!!!

It really helps to have the necessary data in your profile. It is also great when there is a title that asks a question, as I've literally changed dozens of threads titled "VPN". I'm not chewing on you, but imagine the information tech support would be able give you if you just said "VPN".
    09-03-15 12:24 AM
    Is there a normal way to turn on vpn on my BlackBerry phone?

Blackberry Passport Latest OS

Posted via CB10
    As opposed to what abnormal way? Do you mean "manual"?

Settings->Network and Connections->VPN->tap the profile
    09-03-15 01:51 AM
    Once the vpn app is installed there should be an autoconnect option. In settings you can pick the vpn of choice for each wifi connection.
    09-03-15 08:25 AM
    Once the vpn app is installed there should be an autoconnect option. In settings you can pick the vpn of choice for each wifi connection.
    What app? I'm not aware of VPN apps on BlackBerry, just configuring the VPN profile directly and associating to a wifi profile to do auto connects.

Still not clear what the overall question is.
    09-03-15 05:47 PM
    The question was like there are really easy ways to connect vpn on ios and android..
    Can I connect the vpn on my BlackBerry Passport like that or is there an alternative way?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 06:11 PM
    The question was like there are really easy ways to connect vpn on ios and android..
    Can I connect the vpn on my BlackBerry Passport like that or is there an alternative way?

Posted via CB10
    Check your VPN provider for documentation about their login procedure. If you do not have a VPN already, then that is where you would need to start looking. Look for a provider that states BlackBerry 10 compatible.
    09-03-15 06:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, it really is easy to configure VPN on BB10. It's native to BB10 and as far as I know, none of the VPN's use an app, just the built in profile configuration of BB10.

It's not really easy to find a free VPN provider. That's what it sounds like you're asking.

There are several pay VPN providers that support BB10 by using Ikev2. BB10 does not support OpenVPN, which is what most of the free app installs use.

Personally, I run my own strongswan server on a VPS and then don't have to pay a monthly fee. There are instructions on CB if you have linux skills and a VPS on the Internet.

Otherwise, feel free to search for the dozen threads on paid VPN providers already discussed in the past on CB.

Google found this in the top 3:
    https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/6621/5-...or-blackberry/

It's a pretty good read and much of what's written should probably be copied and put into a Sticky so this question doesn't keep getting asked.
    09-03-15 07:02 PM