I would like to buy a Garmin vivoactive watch .. it does not say it is compatible with my Z30... is there any app that will make it connect ? I want to use it for fitness and Golf
    05-11-15 07:04 PM
    My vivosmart connects to my z10 via Garmin Connect . You will be able to sync steps, activities and sleep. Notifications do not work. I'm guessing it will be the same for the vivoactive
    Someone on the forum was working on an app to get notifications to work too. I did try it and it was working but I stopped using it as I'm not really interested in the notifications. That app is still in beta and hasn't been updated within the past 2 months

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:00 AM
    Golf course data cannot be downloaded from a laptop or using BlackBerry to connect to vivoactive. May have to switch to iPhone from BlackBerry. Been a customer for 15 years though and don't understand BlackBerry's lack of progress.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 02:07 PM
    After a number of months trying to download golf data from my Q10 Blackberry, it finally works. Since the latest update of Garmin Connect Mobile, I can now download golf data. I cannot view the maps, but at least I can use the golf GPS, which is excellent.

I have loaded Google Play thanks to work that Cobalt has done, and I loaded Garmin Connect Mobile from Google Play. This latest version has made me very happy.

Concerning Notifications, I am trying to see how this can work on my Blackberry Q10. So far, I only get notifications if my phone rings. If anyone solves the Notifications, I would like to know.
    08-01-15 10:23 PM
    Umam

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 05:56 AM
    Hello,

I have just purchased a vivoactive watch and have a Blackberry Q10.

I too am very interested in receiving notifications to work on the watch.

There must be an app that will assist garmin connect on my watch to receive ‎notifications from my BB10 smartphone.

Boldover‎
    11-22-15 11:56 AM
    After a week using the Vivoactive with my Z30 I'm completely frustrated. I downloaded the Garmin Connect app fro 1Mobile and it worked okay for a few days, but now the Bluetooth is just really unstable, I haven't been able to get a good upload for 2 days now.

Going to try deleting the app and RE downloading it.

Might have to switch to another watch?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 06:43 PM
    After a week using the Vivoactive with my Z30 I'm completely frustrated. I downloaded the Garmin Connect app fro 1Mobile and it worked okay for a few days, but now the Bluetooth is just really unstable, I haven't been able to get a good upload for 2 days now.

Going to try deleting the app and RE downloading it.

Might have to switch to another watch?

Posted via CB10
    There was a garmin connect update today. That might help

I hate to tell you this but I think the problem lies in the phone and not the watch. Android Bluetooth connection is totally hit and miss. There are times when my vivosmart refuses to connect to my z10 but those are rare. If only Garmin had made a version of connect for BlackBerry. That ship has now sailed with the Priv being launch. At least Priv users can get their phone to sync with any wearable now.

Posted via CB10
    ricocan likes this.
    11-25-15 11:32 PM
    Sad to think it may be true. I am still holding onto hope that BB10 will still be around in a few years...and we fig out a way to get garmin connect to work with BB10...with notifications etc.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    11-26-15 09:33 AM
    Where can I find that app for notifications?
    04-21-16 06:14 PM
    After a number of months trying to download golf data from my Q10 Blackberry, it finally works. Since the latest update of Garmin Connect Mobile, I can now download golf data. I cannot view the maps, but at least I can use the golf GPS, which is excellent.

I have loaded Google Play thanks to work that Cobalt has done, and I loaded Garmin Connect Mobile from Google Play. This latest version has made me very happy.

Concerning Notifications, I am trying to see how this can work on my Blackberry Q10. So far, I only get notifications if my phone rings. If anyone solves the Notifications, I would like to know.
    Hi Mark,

I'm thinking of picking up the Vivoactive HR, and pairing to my BB Passport. I mainly want to use the watch for fitness and golf, don't care about notifications (especially when golfing!). Just wanted to know if everything is still fine with your Garmin connect app and downloading the course data to your watch? I have Cobalt's Google stack on the Passport so I should be good to go. Also, did you patch the Connect app?
    Cheers
    05-25-16 01:43 PM
    Just a follow up to my previous post. I've had the vivoactive HR for about month now and love it. The initial pairing to the (patched) Connect app on my passport was a little sketchy but it has been great ever since, no hassles. If either phone, or watch powers down or gets out of bluetooth range it automatically reconnects immediately. I get notifications for phone calls, facebook, facebook messenger, and one time for a text message I believe. I think I get the FB notifications because they are the android versions of the apps. If you were somehow running and android sms/mms app my guess is you would get notifications for that as well.
    Golf GPS works fantastic, as well as running and biking tracking. My one gripe (which is a Garmin OS issue) is that I would like to measure all workout-related data in metric, but just have the golf app use yardages. I was really nervous on the first couple of holes when I was comparing the yardages I had on my watch compared to other garmin golf gps users in my group, and my numbers were way off. But then I realized it was giving me meters. Switched the units on the phone to yardages and it worked like a charm.
    All in all, happy with my purchase.
    06-24-16 12:29 PM
    Yes it is possible that you can connect your Garmin Vivoactive watch your Z30. There is a app named Garmin Connect Mobile application. This application enable the connection b/w both devices. To download this app visit to Garmin official site and download it from there. Check Garmin Vivoactive Manual to see steps how to run this app in your android/ios devices.
    01-18-17 04:22 AM