Is there a way to add a Google calendar that was shared with you in the Hub?

Can you view shared calendars or only your own Google calendar if you setup your Gmail account in BB10? (I only have a Google account and not Gmail but would do it if it would allow me to see all calendars.)

Alternatively, Google cancelled it's free calendar sync tool with Outlook. Any other way to view shared Google calendars in Outlook 2010?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-15-15 at 08:10 AM.
    08-14-15 08:39 PM
    Is there a way to add a Google calendar that was shared with you in the Hub?

Can you view shared calendars or only your own Google calendar if you setup your Gmail account in BB10? (I only have a Google account and not Gmail but would do it if it would allow me to see all calendars.)

Alternatively, Google cancelled it's calendar sync tool with Outlook. Any way other way to view shared Google calendars in Outlook 2010?

Posted via CB10
    I wanna know this too
    08-15-15 06:59 AM
    On BB10 this is easy.

Go to "accounts" and add a new account
    Select "subscribed calendar"

Paste the link to the calendar under "server address"
    Fill in other details like username and password if those are needed to access the calender.

That's about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:50 AM
    On BB10 this is easy.

Fill in other details like username and password if those are needed to access the calender.

That's about it.

Posted via CB10
    What about CalDAV? Will that only work with GMAIL account?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 10:12 AM
    What about CalDAV? Will that only work with GMAIL account?

Posted via CB10
    A Google calendar link is available in a few flavours: XML, ICAL and HTML.

For linked calendars I have used only the ICAL flavour up till now on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 10:29 AM
    On BB10 this is easy.

That's about it.

Posted via CB10
    And it would be the link provided via ICAL only? I cannot get it to authenticate my login. I did notice the warning about the calendar needing to be public. What exactly does that mean versus private? I cannot change that setting for a calendar shared with me that I did not create.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-15-15 at 10:15 PM.
    08-15-15 09:12 PM
    And it would be the link provided via ICAL only? I cannot get it to authenticate my login. I did notice the warning about the calendar needing to be public. What exactly does that mean versus private? I cannot change that setting for a calendar shared with me that I did not create.

Posted via CB10
    Generally, the answers on your questions can be found in the Google Help pages available around the Calendar and the sharing options.

Regarding public vs. private: see https://support.google.com/calendar/...37083?hl=en-GB

People should make their Google Calendar "Public" and choose flavour "Full details" or "Free / busy"

Apps need either the XML or the ICAL URL. The HTML one can be used in a browser.
    I know BB10 devices work by using the ICAL flavour URL, but the XML one might also work (not tested this myself)

If people do not want to make their Google Calendar "Public" but do want to share their Calendar with some people, you have to option to provide a "Private" URL.
    You can use this e.g. to share your Calendar with your partner. This one is always of the "Full details" kind.

For "Public" and "Private" shared Calendars authentication is not needed. You only need the URL.
    Their sharing settings define what you will see.

Lastly, there is sharing with "Specific people". I believe this can only be used between gmail accounts but I have no practical experience with it. Authentication will probably be required in all cases.
    Last edited by kwenie; 08-16-15 at 02:44 AM.
    08-16-15 02:25 AM
    Generally, the answers on your questions can be found in the Google Help pages available around the Calendar and the sharing options.

Regarding public vs. private: see https://support.google.com/calendar/...37083?hl=en-GB

People should make their Google Calendar "Public" and choose flavour "Full details" or "Free / busy"

Apps need either the XML or the ICAL URL. The HTML one can be used in a browser.
    I know BB10 devices work by using the ICAL flavour URL, but the XML one might also work (not tested this myself)

If people do not want to make their Google Calendar "Public" but do want to share their Calendar with some people, you have to option to provide a "Private" URL.
    You can use this e.g. to share your Calendar with your partner. This one is always of the "Full details" kind.

For "Public" and "Private" shared Calendars authentication is not needed. You only need the URL.

Lastly, there is sharing with "Specific people". I believe this can only be used between gmail accounts but I have no practical experience with it. Authentication will probably be required in all cases.
    Thanks. I think the issue is the way it was shared.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 07:43 AM

I still can not get it to work. After pasting the link and clicking Add, Outlook says it cannot verify or add the calendar. I read that Google stopped supporting free calendar sync on October 1, 2014. Could this be the problem? I also get a similar result when trying to add it to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 09:50 AM
    I still can not get it to work. After pasting the link and clicking Add, Outlook says it cannot verify or add the calendar. I read that Google stopped supporting free calendar sync on October 1, 2014. Could this be the problem? I also get a similar result when trying to add it to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I am assuming you got it working on BB10 and now try the same on Outlook 2010

I tried this in Outlook 2013 and the ICAL link works fine for me.

Probably better to look elsewhere for an answer then on whether it is supposed to also work in Outlook 2010.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:10 AM
    I am assuming you got it working on BB10 and now try the same on Outlook 2010

I tried this in Outlook 2013 and the ICAL link works fine for me.

Probably better to look elsewhere for an answer then on whether it is supposed to also work in Outlook 2010.

Posted via CB10
    I think I have found the problem. Legacy Google accounts allow Exchange Active Sync as well as the Google Calendar sync. For newer accounts such as myself, you can only sync Gmail with IMAP. The calendar has to be done with CalDAV which I got to work and now I can see all Google calendars including the shared ones. Of course, it is logging me out all the time. But, much easier route than trying to go through Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:14 PM