My Verizon phone broke and I may be on a budget for a replacement, despite not having MM, is the Verizon Priv acceptable now as a device? Have they fixed hardware and software bugs reviewers complained about with the early units? How do you like your Privs and their special software features?
    10-10-16 12:39 AM
    As it's still on LolliPop.... I'd say that all probables probably have not been fixed.

Think there was only one production run for the Verizon Priv, and that it didn't see as many of the initial problems.... but yeah there are still complaints.

I would take some time and read through some of the PRIV threads and even visit the section dedicated to Verizon users.
    10-10-16 07:26 AM
    With recent hub updates from BlackBerry I can say my Lollipop VZ Priv runs well. Do not have a MM version to compare to however.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on PRIV
    10-10-16 07:54 AM
    I've been real pleased with the build quality of my VZW Priv. Slider is smooth and tight, no creaking, etc. That said I'll be moving off of VZW very soon. I plan to pick up a Priv from BB and go to AT&T. I'm done with carrier locked phones and Verizon handled updates for the Priv (and my other choices of phones) so badly that, after almost 12 years, they can't offer me anything to stay. I'll be taking my entire company with me as well. If you need a replacement, I'm willing to talk.
    10-10-16 08:29 AM
    As it's still on LolliPop.... I'd say that all probables probably have not been fixed.

Think there was only one production run for the Verizon Priv, and that it didn't see as many of the initial problems.... but yeah there are still complaints.

I would take some time and read through some of the PRIV threads and even visit the section dedicated to Verizon users.
    What section dedicated to Verizon users? I don't see it...
    10-10-16 12:45 PM
    What section dedicated to Verizon users? I don't see it...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...pdate-1080049/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...dates-1085551/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...twork-1088092/

Prepare for some very lengthy time reading...
    10-10-16 12:52 PM
    I still love my Verizon priv. However there are a few issues that have not been resolved that really irk me sometimes. You can not send short code text and there is no visual voicemail. Both issues I was assured would be fixed "soon" back in March.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Verizon Blackberry Priv
    10-10-16 10:15 PM
    You can't even send short-code texts with some sort of third-party app??
    10-11-16 02:59 AM
    For short code text you have a couple options. You can go to the Verizon vtext website on the mobile browser and send the text as one option. The second is to install Verizon message plus on a tablet and link it to your cell phone account, which there is no additional cost for, and send it from your tablet. But no matter what text message app you use it will not work directly through the phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Verizon Blackberry Priv
    10-11-16 09:33 AM
    Short code text was fixed with marshmallow update and now we finally have VVM. I would say the Verizon Priv is finally the phone that was promised.
    12-08-16 05:24 AM