I'm considering getting a Priv for my next phone, but I'm worried that my provider, Verizon, will stop issuing updates, since they seem to have no plans of carrying the newer Blackberry phones. I currently have a Z10 and the reason I wish to stay with BB is the Hub.
    11-30-16 11:58 AM
    I dunno if they are or not, but one thing I can say for sure is that Verizon is pathetic when it comes to updates, not only for BlackBerry so while I would love to tell you to go ahead and get a Priv, I would never suggest Verizon to anyone who wants their device updated on a regular basis to anyone at all.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-30-16 12:02 PM
    I'm a Verizon customer and they have been horrendous in terms of updates. At least with BlackBerry 10 devices I don't have to wait for them to release updates and can do them myself. For Android, you're not quite a fortunate.

Overall, the real issue for Verizon is their reliance on CDMA for their voice network. Since BlackBerry is using third-party designs now, the chances of having another BlackBerry handset on Verizon is very small. If they ever really make a move towards VoLTE then maybe the situation will be better, but until then the choices for BlackBerry fans are very limited.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 05:03 PM
    I still have verizon Droid turbo one stuck in lollipop. GSM model already received marshmallow long time ago. I believe verizon priv will have same faith.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-16 05:47 PM