Hello All - I've done a lot of searching to no avail, so please forgive what must be a common question.

Question: Can I take the Mini SIM out of my old 3G Blackberry 9300, trim it down to Micro SIM size, and have it work in the 4G Blackberry Classic? Getting ATT to burn me a new 4G LTE SIM is not an option, as I'm on a corporate plan and flying under the radar with this. I understand that I might not get full LTE, but will I at least have a viable phone and email access?

Backstory: I'm flying under the radar in an effort to keep my Blackberry instead of the Windows phone that they're trying to force on me (I only want the phone for voice and email - don't need another flat screen). Anyway, a recent change in departments is forcing me to transition email accounts and the transition software requires OS 10, so I'm inclined to buy a used Blackberry Classic on my own nickel.

Thanks in advance.
    10-13-15 07:19 PM
    I would not recommend trying to cut down a SIM card your job gave you. You'll actually be going from a mini to a nano-SIM, as nano is the size a Classic takes. So if you mess up, not only will you have to get a new SIM, but you'll probably have to spill the beans too, which could get...uncomfortable to say the least.

This may not be the best of options, but is keeping your 9300 and using the Classic on WiFi (at work, or wherever) not possible? You probably want to carry just one phone, but this way you at least get to use the Classic...
    10-13-15 09:41 PM
    Assuming that I do take the aforementioned risk of cutting my 3G Mini SIM down to NANO size (not Micro, although the above idea is the same) fit a Blackberry Classic, will the 3G SIM work in a 4G phone?

Also, for anyone that has cut the Mini down to the Nano size, does the Classic accept a full thickness SIM (as an iPhone 5 does) or do I need to thin it down some as well?

Backstory: After my recent job change, my 9300 is useless for anything other than phone and text and the new IT infrastructure is primed to give me a new Windows phone and SIM anyway if I can't get my old Blackberry shifted over to their server (again, with the use of software that requires OS10)
    10-14-15 05:19 AM
    Assuming that I do take the aforementioned risk of cutting my 3G Mini SIM down to NANO size (not Micro, although the above idea is the same) fit a Blackberry Classic, will the 3G SIM work in a 4G phone?

Also, for anyone that has cut the Mini down to the Nano size, does the Classic accept a full thickness SIM (as an iPhone 5 does) or do I need to thin it down some as well?

Backstory: After my recent job change, my 9300 is useless for anything other than phone and text and the new IT infrastructure is primed to give me a new Windows phone and SIM anyway if I can't get my old Blackberry shifted over to their server (again, with the use of software that requires OS10)
    Take their phone and sim and just put the sim in your phone.
    raino likes this.
    10-14-15 07:19 AM
    I have cut a Mini T-Mobile to Micro to get it work with Q10 and later cut it to nano for my BlackBerry Passport and has worked with out any problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 07:46 AM
    It should work, aslong as you don't cut the metal part of the Sim.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:30 AM
    Turn off your device and remove the SIM card. If the ninth and tenth digits of the SIM number are 25, 26, 27, or 28, you already have an LTE-capable SIM card and no action further action is required.
    If the ninth and tenth digits are 21, 22, 23, or 24 you'll need a new SIM card to access LTE services.
    For example:

• 89014103270123456789 - LTE-capable
    • 89014103230123456789 - NOT LTE-capable
    Free SIM offer for faster data speeds on your 4G LTE device- AT&T Wireless Support
    10-14-15 08:34 AM
    Hello All - I've done a lot of searching to no avail, so please forgive what must be a common question.

Question: Can I take the Mini SIM out of my old 3G Blackberry 9300, trim it down to Micro SIM size, and have it work in the 4G Blackberry Classic? Getting ATT to burn me a new 4G LTE SIM is not an option, as I'm on a corporate plan and flying under the radar with this. I understand that I might not get full LTE, but will I at least have a viable phone and email access?

Backstory: I'm flying under the radar in an effort to keep my Blackberry instead of the Windows phone that they're trying to force on me (I only want the phone for voice and email - don't need another flat screen). Anyway, a recent change in departments is forcing me to transition email accounts and the transition software requires OS 10, so I'm inclined to buy a used Blackberry Classic on my own nickel.

Thanks in advance.
    With a corporate account... there won't be any flying under the radar.

They might not care... but IT will know what device you are using on that account. If you believe they would care... don't do it.
    10-14-15 08:58 AM
    Take their phone and sim and just put the sim in your phone.
    Not a bad idea, especially if their phone is also a nano-SIM phone. And since the Classic is a BB10 phone, OP shouldn't have to do anything with his/her data plan either.
    10-14-15 11:36 AM
    Cut mine and works perfectly

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 12:43 PM
    Thanks for all the responses! Regrettably, the micro 4G SIM that came with a windows phone that they forced on me some time ago is not provisioned. I'm not sure if it arrived that way, or if it was de-provisioned because I've had it for a year without activating it (yes, I'm that addicted to the Blackberry...). Anyway, I'm not sure how to get it provisioned without my corporation interceding since they're the account holder. Thus, I'm still inclined to run the provisioned 3G version, cut down to Nano size.
    10-18-15 04:45 PM
    I have cut a Mini T-Mobile to Micro to get it work with Q10 and later cut it to nano for my BlackBerry Passport and has worked with out any problem.

Posted via CB10
    Great, thanks. Was the T-Mobile Mini card a 3G and, if so, have you noticed any problems at all using it in your 4G phone?
    10-18-15 04:47 PM
    http://www.gosoftworks.com/GoSoftWor.../nanosima4.pdf

I've cut a Mini SIM to Nano *iPhone 4s to iPhone 5 for the father-in-law (which needless to say i did not want to f up)
    Instead of sandpaper i used a nail file/emery board (course and buffing)

Make sure that when your filing/sanding check the fit of the Nano SIM with the SIM holder.

It still works now.
    10-19-15 04:45 PM