Hi,
    Long time lurker and fantasizer (is it a word?) of Blackberries.
    I have this insatiable craving of navigating a smartphone without touching the screen.
    I guess this applies to the Priv, Classic, and Passport (or the rumored one coming out in 2017).
    I read it's possible to select text, which is awesome because selecting text via a touchscreen gives me palpitations.
    I also read it's possible to assign apps to specific keys on the keyboard.
    But is it possible to use the apps without touching the screen?
    For example-
    Opening and navigating menus.
    Scrolling. I read it's possible, but does it work in all apps?
    Navigating between buttons on the screen Either by moving left / right, or with a cursor. (I recall seeing a thread about a cursor but can't find it..)

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    -Aaron
    08-30-16 02:45 AM
    You're never going to be able to use any of the new devices without ever touching the display. If you want that, go buy an old BlackBerry. A BlackBerry Curve or something else that's a relic of the past.
    pkcable and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    08-30-16 02:51 AM
    Without touching screen to some extent yes.. via voice commands.. but not all apps are supported.

BlackBerry Z30 fan nd a Proud Passport SE user
    08-30-16 05:54 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for responding.
    You're correct, I guess I need to decide what's very important for me to use without a touchscreen-
    1. Is it possible to turn on the speakerphone inside a call without the touchscreen?
    2. How well does the cursor work in non-native apps? Does it also work in the Priv, or only OS10 phones?
    Thanks again,
    Aaron
    08-30-16 01:02 PM
    I think either a DTEK50 which has an assignable convenience key OR the BB10 Classic or Q10 which can have keyboard shortcuts assigned would work for you. HOWEVER I agree with Bla1ze it would be tough. BUT it could work. Apps could be an issue as Anurag points out also.
    08-30-16 03:34 PM
    There are quite a few people who have the opinion that the last true BlackBerry was the Bold 9900 / 9930.

It is exactly as you have described - used with the trackpad. ( with the option of using the touchscreen )

Just head over to that forum and check out the threads.
    Maybe this will help you decide if it is for you .
    andy957 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    08-30-16 06:46 PM
    There are quite a few people who have the opinion that the last true BlackBerry was the Bold 9900 / 9930.

It is exactly as you have described - used with the trackpad. ( with the option of using the touchscreen )

Just head over to that forum and check out the threads.
    Maybe this will help you decide if it is for you .
    I'm one of them although I love BB10 OS.
    08-30-16 10:30 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for responding.
    You're correct, I guess I need to decide what's very important for me to use without a touchscreen-
    1. Is it possible to turn on the speakerphone inside a call without the touchscreen?
    2. How well does the cursor work in non-native apps? Does it also work in the Priv, or only OS10 phones?
    Thanks again,
    Aaron
    The first point can be solved with Tasker.

I have a Tasker context set up, where when I'm on a call, I can lay the phone face down to activate the speakerphone. Picking up the phone defaults back to the normal phone speaker.

Tasker can be used to automate many phone features without doing it yourself. Thing is, some of it requires root, so it may not work right on Priv or Dtek50.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    08-30-16 11:50 PM
    If BlackBerry wants to hear from us, they would make touch keyboard on Passport usable as TouchPad(double click gives you mouse pointer).
    This eases one hand operation and you don't have to touch screen

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 12:34 AM
    I have a Bold 9790, is it possible for me to disable the touch screen. I am constantly either turning on or turning off features on my phone which I am unaware of. I have tried to make the screen less sensitive, but it is of no use for my problem.
    08-31-16 06:52 AM
    I have a Bold 9790, is it possible for me to disable the touch screen. I am constantly either turning on or turning off features on my phone which I am unaware of. I have tried to make the screen less sensitive, but it is of no use for my problem.
    It is not possible to disable the touch screen in bbos, that I am aware of anyway. A few years ago when I had a Bold 9900 the touch screen was having issues so I researched this at that time.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:48 AM
    Hi,
    Long time lurker and fantasizer (is it a word?) of Blackberries.
    I have this insatiable craving of navigating a smartphone without touching the screen.
    I guess this applies to the Priv, Classic, and Passport (or the rumored one coming out in 2017).
    I read it's possible to select text, which is awesome because selecting text via a touchscreen gives me palpitations.
    I also read it's possible to assign apps to specific keys on the keyboard.
    But is it possible to use the apps without touching the screen?
    For example-
    Opening and navigating menus.
    Scrolling. I read it's possible, but does it work in all apps?
    Navigating between buttons on the screen Either by moving left / right, or with a cursor. (I recall seeing a thread about a cursor but can't find it..)

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    -Aaron
    Can you explain more about the issue. Do you just not like touching the screen or is it a phobia?
    08-31-16 12:13 PM
    The classic woking pretty good with the trackpad and toolbelt, one handed!
    Barely any need for smearing on the screen at all.
    Provided there are BlackBerry OS10 app's in use, wouldn't work with Android ports.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    08-31-16 12:55 PM
    Hi,
    Based on feedback I'm now looking to get a used Classic off ebay.
    I just tried the Tasker Trial and it's pretty slick, even without root. So I'll probably get BB's next Android with a PKB (rumored to be smaller than the Priv - easier for one handed use).
    Thanks for replying.
    -Aaron
    08-31-16 04:16 PM
    Hi,
    I just tried the Tasker Trial and it's pretty slick, even without root. So I'll probably get BB's next Android with a PKB (rumored to be smaller than the Priv - easier for one handed use).
    Thanks for replying.
    -Aaron

Cheers! Sounds good!
    09-01-16 08:37 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for replying.
    -Aaron
    Good choice!

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    pkcable likes this.
    09-01-16 12:14 PM