Afternoon,
    I feel like crying...stupidly entered my password incorrectly 10 times on my Bold as I was misunderstanding the difference between the device password and Blackberry ID.I appreciate this forum is inundated with people doing similar things.
    The Bold contains pics of my daughter being born etc.
    If I go to the Desktop help facility, am I now too late to back it up.Afraid to type blackberry and then lose all of my contacts,pics etc etc.Please help!Is there ANY possible way of saving what's on my phone before the inevitable wipe!!
    07-08-14 11:23 AM
    Are the pic on the device or the SD Card?

Is the SD Card encrypted?
    07-08-14 11:27 AM
    Afternoon,
    I feel like crying...stupidly entered my password incorrectly 10 times on my Bold as I was misunderstanding the difference between the device password and Blackberry ID.I appreciate this forum is inundated with people doing similar things.
    The Bold contains pics of my daughter being born etc.
    If I go to the Desktop help facility, am I now too late to back it up.Afraid to type blackberry and then lose all of my contacts,pics etc etc.Please help!Is there ANY possible way of saving what's on my phone before the inevitable wipe!!
    I can't help you get your phone working again but your pictures should be stored on your SD card correct? Hopefully they are. Just remove from the phone and save to your PC/Mac. Hope this helps at least a bit!
    07-08-14 11:28 AM
    IF you have BB Protect Enabled, you can try resetting the password (Lock the device). This *might* bypass the wipe but it seems unlikely. Hopefully you used a media card that can be removed prior to wipe.
    07-08-14 11:31 AM
    Thanks guys..appreciate it.
    I didn't have the media card in the phone...I feel so stupid and these pics are invaluable.I've been a mug and will regret this for ever if lost.
    I'm afraid to link up the blackberry with the desktop manager thing,enter 'blackberry' and lose everything but I fear at the moment, I'm stuck in limbo...
    You are dealing with a technophobe here.I don't believe there is a media card in the phone,but when I took photos etc they did seem to be stored in 2 different places when I went to look at them.
    07-08-14 11:36 AM
    Sorry, man. There really is no way of getting them back. In the future, buy an SD and back up your data maybe once a month. Sorry.
    07-08-14 11:40 AM
    I don't want to get your hope up... but in theory, if your phone isn't encrypted, it would be possible to get them back. now I am gonna repeat this again... in theory it's possible if the phone is not encrypted.

But how to extract the info out ? Do you know someone that works at the NSA?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 11:53 AM
    Thanks Bobshine,I'm clinging onto any hope at the moment!
    NSA?This is so frustrating.I daren't link the phone up or do anything as I am terrified of the next step!
    07-08-14 11:59 AM
    I would try this -

Phone not connected to computer. Start desktop manager. Sign in if not already signed in. If you have used it before, DM may remember your password.

When ready, connect phone. The device manager part and Desktop Manager may each ask for the password. Despite what the phone says, you may get a number of freebee tries.

If you get access to the phone - media sync those photos, then go to file manager, find them on your computer, copy them to a different folder. Use
    file manager to look for your device under My Computer. Find the pics and copy from there as well to a different folder on your computer. (Yes, it's redundant copying, we are looking for insurance, here). Then you can use Desktop Manager to back up the phone, and back up contacts as well.

Disconnect the phone. I would then try clicking cancel and see if you get another password try. If not I would crash the phone via battery pull.

Hopefully some of this will work. Good luck!
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-14 12:14 PM
    SteveDee you have given me a lifeline,thank you.Fingers crossed,will give it a blast...
    07-08-14 12:36 PM
    Have you tried BB Protect first?
    07-08-14 12:40 PM
    Also when is the last time you backed up your device?
    07-08-14 12:40 PM
    What is that?Bear in mind I cannot do anything with the device itself as my daughter dropped it in water,hence the scramble to save stuff.
    07-08-14 12:42 PM
    About 2yrs ago...I know,I know....
    07-08-14 12:42 PM
    http://protect.blackberry.com

Try to log in there with your BBID
    07-08-14 12:43 PM
    im really upset for you! please keep us updated!
    07-08-14 01:06 PM
    My word I am a very lucky boy and learned a lesson.Had one attempt left,got it,backed up.
    Thanks a lot guys,I'm off for a drink!! Cheers gang!
    07-08-14 01:20 PM
    does it say it will or has already wiped?

If it is asking you type blackberry you are probably still ok, it is checking that it is not pocket passwording.

When you type blackberry it will then present the password request again ... probably last chance, and only chance,
    if you had gone too far you would have a wiped phone already

so go for "blackberry" and don't misspell, then your password

or just keep looking at phone

also even with the handset locked BB link gets me in using my password, if you go this way perhaps you can get your files off before you risk another try on the phone

NOTE : I just tried this on my Z10 , made 5 errors om picture password, then it asked me to type blackberry, I put in blockberry to test this out, after that the count was 6/10 mistakes , next try I did password and was back in, so misspelling blackberry is one more password error , so don't mess up
    07-08-14 01:24 PM
    Amen! I am so glad to hear you were successful! CrackBerry members save the day yet again!
    07-08-14 01:28 PM
    Yep,thanks to everyone on this forum.I know where to come in moments of need now!
    Have a good night all,I will!!,
    07-08-14 01:29 PM
    Glad you got it up and running! Set BB Protect up on device and on the web. You can do a lot with that app on your device and it could have saved your device here.
    07-08-14 01:30 PM