I'm interested in th dteks or the keyone with android. But one thing that bothers me is Google .seems that once you put you gmail,the phone knows all your contacts and has access to all your photos. Is there any way to use this phone without all this intrusion?also is the main reason I stayed away from Apple
    03-08-17 05:24 PM
    Yes. Don't use Gmail, don't use cloud sync, don't use Chrome, disable Google photos, etc, etc.

Plus go to your Google account and turn on all privacy settings.

Exposure will be drastically reduced.
    03-08-17 05:30 PM
    I just went to my gmail account. It's amazing how much info they have on us. Too confusing i couldn't figure out how to disable all these elements you mentioned.
    03-08-17 06:00 PM
    I just went to my gmail account. It's amazing how much info they have on us. Too confusing i couldn't figure out how to disable all these elements you mentioned.
    privacy.google.com
    03-08-17 06:08 PM
    I think in shocking with mmy classic
    03-08-17 06:27 PM
    Can I delete all the google apps except google play store for apps , and still have the phone function well? And still have a gmail acct? Just not all the other Google stuff?
    03-08-17 07:45 PM
    Can I delete all the google apps except google play store for apps , and still have the phone function well? And still have a gmail acct? Just not all the other Google stuff?
    Sure. Disable the other apps.

But if you're willing to use Gmail, you might as well use the rest.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-08-17 08:43 PM
    The gmail isn't bad ,it's the other things I can't control is what I do t like. I don't use the cloud or google drive etc. I don't want all my info on any of my different devices. I want to control each content. I signed into an android device to try it out and all of my phone contacts appeared in the contacts app,all by itself. Turned me right off
    03-08-17 08:51 PM
    The gmail isn't bad ,it's the other things I can't control is what I do t like. I don't use the cloud or google drive etc. I don't want all my info on any of my different devices. I want to control each content. I signed into an android device to try it out and all of my phone contacts appeared in the contacts app,all by itself. Turned me right off
    If you log into your Gmail account, you will get your Gmail contacts. What's the problem?
    03-08-17 08:53 PM
    I never put those contact in my gmail account. They were in my classic before I added a gmail. Then when signed onto another phone using gmail, the contacts came with it. My original classic has a pop email and I added the gmail later on.
    03-08-17 09:00 PM
    I never put those contact in my gmail account.
    Well you did, whether you meant to or not. You, at some point, synced your contacts with Gmail.
    03-08-17 09:08 PM
    I have to try to unravel this. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.
    03-08-17 09:12 PM
    and you think all the other companies that have your email are not data mining your info, get a clue dude or just not use a cell phone anymore, rotary phone sounds perfect for ya
    03-08-17 09:20 PM
    I'm not under a rock dude, just want to control what I can control. Wise up dude
    03-09-17 05:23 AM
    Maybe you should actually read the entire post and get a clue on what we were talking about. Clue..it wasn't data mining.
    03-09-17 05:29 AM