I have just updated my Passport from 10.3.1.xxxx to 10.3.2.xxxx using the autoloader and instructions. Everything went fine but now I am trying to restore my backup (I saved a full back up before updating) I am experiencing the following errors in BB link.

"Restore did not complete - verify that your device is turned on and connected to blackberry link and try again".

In addition, BB-link reports the following error

"Unable to save name - an error occurred while saving device name. If error persists reconnect your device and try again".

The device is definitely connected, I've disconnected it and restarted both the device and PC several times. I have also manually changed the name of the device to match the pre-update name but nothing has worked!!!

This is urgent please help me. I desperately need to access my contacts, apps and data.

Thanks in advance.
    08-31-15 08:04 AM
    Make sure you have the newest version of BB blend on your PC , it has the most up to date BB link in it with a bunch of new drivers.
    Last edited by WITHDRAWL; 08-31-15 at 09:47 PM.
    08-31-15 09:32 PM
    Did you sign in with your BlackBerry ID before restoring back up?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    08-31-15 09:45 PM
    Make sure you have the newest version of BB blend on your PC , it has the most up to date BB link in it with a bunch of new drivers.
    I actually just switched to an AT&T Passport. I didn't restore through Link though; I only really have pictures and music so just used drag and drop to a folder on the desktop and then drag back into the same folder on the new device. I try not to do restores if I don't have to as sometimes there can be issues.

Anyway, to the OP, when connected to Link I kept getting the same error about not being able to save device name and connecting. I then went to the BlackBerry website and updated both Link and Blend and didn't have any error messages after that.

Hopefully updating fixes this for you.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-31-15 10:08 PM
    Did you sign in with your BlackBerry ID before restoring back up?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Another good point that I didn't even think of. The backup and restore have to both be under the same BlackBerry ID. You cannot restore a backup from a different BBID. Not sure if that is the case, but totally forgot about that!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:09 PM
    I actually just switched to an AT&T Passport. I didn't restore through Link though; I only really have pictures and music so just used drag and drop to a folder on the desktop and then drag back into the same folder on the new device. I try not to do restores if I don't have to as sometimes there can be issues.

Anyway, to the OP, when connected to Link I kept getting the same error about not being able to save device name and connecting. I then went to the BlackBerry website and updated both Link and Blend and didn't have any error messages after that.

Hopefully updating fixes this for you.

Posted via CB10
    i never use link myself, it's terrible.
    08-31-15 10:14 PM
    i never use link myself, it's terrible.
    I usually don't either. I'll sometimes just do a full restore on Link "just in case", but when I switched my mom's Z10 to her Passport I used the Device Switch app. I do use Blend to drag music in if it's a lot; Blend seems to be much quicker for me over just dragging the music into the "music" folder.

I also have multiple devices that are set up identically so if I lost or broke one of them, I have just about everything on another device. I never sell my old devices. Still use the Z10 from launch. I will give them away to family for upgrades though, but with them all on Z30s and a Passport now there's nothing left to upgrade them to lol.

Hopefully the OP resolved this and was able to restore. Waiting to hear back.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-31-15 10:25 PM
    This is actually very simple. First of all, you will have to change version of you software release (not OS version) in manifest file. To do this open bbb file with winrar than copy manifest somewhere on your pc. Make a change to your current software release and overwrite an existing manifest in bbb (you will have to wait for a while). Use BlackBerry link again and there you go, restore works again.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 03:06 AM
    So with all these returns/replacements, do you think they are simply resending them out to others who have made exchanges? I'm on my second Passport SE, and this one has a screen lift in the upper right corner. When I got this, the plastic on the back was already removed, so I could be using someone else's return. I've called into RMA for a third exchange.
    09-05-15 09:35 PM
    Whenever I've gotten those errors in the past, what's worked is doing a partial restore with the different saved files (until it's fully restored) instead of a full restore right from the go. Good luck! (A couple of the above suggestions I've never even heard of, but you have nothing to lose. )

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    09-05-15 09:52 PM
    Thanks for all your replies... they were a little bit late [...probably owing to the administrator not approving my post for several hours.]
    Anyway, I found an 'imperfect' solution to this problem. I attempted the restoration from an old partial backup that was stored on an external drive, and it worked! I still had to reinstall all my apps and reload my data, but I got my contacts back and that was my major concern. So, it appears that although I followed all update instructions to the letter the "full back up" file I created was somehow corrupted... Anybody know how to test if a full backup saves correctly [without attempting a restore] for future reference?
    09-08-15 05:35 AM